Beautiful NJ

1 recommendation

DownTheShore

Premium Member

said by jaykaykay:

said by DownTheShore:

WTH?

Fabulous!

Thanks! I used a program called Tiny Planet FX to get the warp.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

1 edit

jaykaykay

MVM

said by DownTheShore:

said by jaykaykay:

said by DownTheShore:

WTH?

Fabulous!

Thanks! I used a program called Tiny Planet FX to get the warp.

I just may have to break down and get a smart phone instead of the dumb one I still use!

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore

Premium Member

The Nook HD and HD+ are still on sale...

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
USA

jaykaykay

MVM

said by DownTheShore:

Doesn't one have to own the phone to put them on!?!?!? I still use an old flip phone that does little more than call in and out.

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
Beautiful NJ

1 recommendation

DownTheShore

Premium Member

said by jaykaykay:

said by DownTheShore:

Doesn't one have to own the phone to put them on!?!?!? I still use an old flip phone that does little more than call in and out.

The Nook HD and HD+ are Android-based ereaders from Barnes & Noble. A couple of months ago B&N unsandboxed the software to allow access to the hundreds of thousands of Android apps available on Google Play. They are currently selling those particular devices at a great price because it looks like they've decided not to keep expanding in the color high-definition market direction.

But as a result you can pick up a virtually full-fledged Android tablet for a price much less than that of an iPad or any other tablet out there. And they are easy enough to root to turn them into a full-fledged tablet, which is what I did with my Nook HD+.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
USA

5 recommendations

jaykaykay

MVM

Click for full size
My ereader is still real paper pages. Talk about backwards, but I still like to hold the real thing. On the other hand, one of the Nooks might also be worth it if I wanted to play with all those delicious apps. In the meantime, I will have to stick to what I have. Here's to you and watching some more of the wonderful things you can do with yours.

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore

Premium Member

said by jaykaykay:

My ereader is still real paper pages. Talk about backwards, but I still like to hold the real thing. On the other hand, one of the Nooks might also be worth it if I wanted to play with all those delicious apps. In the meantime, I will have to stick to what I have. Here's to you and watching some more of the wonderful things you can do with yours.

I still like the real thing too, but I really love the ability to increase the font size to one that's the most comfortable to my eyes, not to mention the ability to carry hundreds of books on one device while on vacation.