join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad

Re: Albany, GA. Digital transition

ok, sorry its just the part " This includes newer, digital-ready TVs." leads one to believe that youd need a box no matter the tv, since most people associate "digital ready" to mean tv's with QAM tuners..

im also assuming based on that that there will be some channel shifting going around? will the channel lineup on mediacomtoday change before the channels switch or after?

i ask because here at least we have upwards of 3 copys of channels in the digital portion, usually an "sd" version and an HD version, no idea whats with the 3rd copy in some cases.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6

I suspect the phrase is a catch-all, as the early generation of digital TVs didn't necessarily include a QAM tuner, or didn't include a convenient "-" button on the remote. At the same time, getting people to rent a box (1) allows users to continue using the same channel numbers as before and (2) allows promotion of On-Demand usage for those who get more than a DTA.

You will want to scan channels multiple times through the transition, as they may not cutover every thing at once. In Dubuque, the transition took several weeks, as they did blocks of channels at a time.
Whiznot
join:2005-08-23
Albany, GA

Whiznot

I'm in Albany, GA and also received the misleading email about the transition. I believe customers are being purposely mislead so that Mediacom can rent more hardware. It's reassuring to read that Iowa has gone through the transition without affecting clear QAM reception.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to thedragonmas

Premium Member

to thedragonmas
Once the conversion is completed, check the lineup here :»mediacomtoday-lineup.com ··· ees.aspx as this will have the most up to date information.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan to k9iua6

Premium Member

to k9iua6
Did anyone notice that HD-DTA's are REAL and will be soon available??
Good buy $10.50 box rental and Hello $1.99 rental!
IowaMan

IowaMan to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad
Chad, Do you have a time table for the HD-DTA's for Iowa?
IowaMan

IowaMan to Whiznot

Premium Member

to Whiznot
Mediacom could be encrypting all the channel's (except for BB) as they say you need an SD-DTA or an HD-DTA for ALL TV's
MediacomChad can clarify

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to IowaMan

Premium Member

to IowaMan
Unfortunately not at this time.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6 to IowaMan

to IowaMan
said by IowaMan:

Did anyone notice that HD-DTA's are REAL and will be soon available??
Good buy $10.50 box rental and Hello $1.99 rental!

Yes I'm aware because you keep bringing them up. It has been "soon" for you for a couple of years now. This is actually not a future we want if we can help it (with all channels being encrypted, especially HD), so don't keep asking Mediacom or others to bring it on.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

Sorry….I just meant to say that most of the time up until now they weren't "confirmed" by mediacom and now they are I am looking at my pocketbook yet want to have the HD channels so for me this will be worth waiting for As I will save at least five or six dollars a month on my bill The only reason why the channels are encrypted now HD is because of content providers request that

informerguy
@mchsi.com

informerguy to IowaMan

Anon

to IowaMan
Eventually, which is nice and vague - you will need an adapter/dct on every tv you want hooked to cable as family will be encryted