Hello all,

We are currently experiencing signal issues in the following areas:

Brampton
Bloor POI - GTA
Wolfdale POI - GTA
York Mills POI - GTA
Comstock POI (RF issue and DHCP Issue)
St Laurent POI

We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible. Currently no ETA on resolution.

Regards,
Jon
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

Re: [OUTAGE REPORT] July 29th, 2013 - Update

I'm not affected by any of these ongoing issues, but on behalf of those that are, I have to say communication on this could be improved. Just posting every day that there's a signal problem and no ETA is really not particularly helpful, other than to provide an acknowledgement that TSI is aware of the problem.

It would be much more helpful for these posts to include:
1) The technical nature of the signal problem on each POI
2) The symptoms people might encounter as a result
3) A rough idea of the number of of customers affected and the nature of that distribution (ie: 7 nodes on York Mills, an entire CMTS on Bloor, etc)
4) Information on others affected. Is this problem specific to TSI? Specific to TPIA? Or comprehensive, affecting incumbents' customers as well?
5) The nature of the efforts being made to resolve the issues.

I know this is asking a lot, but honestly if I were being affected by these issues I'd be fuming at daily updates telling me there's a vague "signal issue" with no timeline for resolution.
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
That may be near impossible as ROGERS likely doesn't share much with TSI on actual issue causes or repair time lines..
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

True, though #2 and #5 (from TSI's point of view) should still be possible. I wouldn't even mind if they'd just post "The lack of information is due to lack of communication from our vendor" whenever that happens to be true.
Boltron
join:2013-07-05
Mississauga, ON

Boltron to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Does Mississauga fall under Wolfedale?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by Boltron:

Does Mississauga fall under Wolfedale?

Yes.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to The Mongoose

Premium Member

to The Mongoose
said by The Mongoose:

I know this is asking a lot, ......

They've called the Rogers help number and were asked to reboot their modem.
mik29999
join:2008-07-21
Toronto, ON

mik29999 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
I'm on the 150/10 cable plan and here's my current test result:

Browsing the web feels very slow, and downloads are going at around 100KB/s. I assume this is related to the issue mentioned here. How do I figure out for sure which POI I'm on?

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
You guys should post it at like this... like on your website.. Just add a bit more, like that one post has

»www.teksavvy.com/en/supp ··· ls/tools

Date: 7/29/2013 14:12
Details: We are currently experiencing the following issues.

-- RF Issue on Brampton/5390 Richmond POI
-- RF Issue on Wolfdale POI
-- RF Issue on Bloor POI
-- RF Issue on York Mills POI
-- COMSTOCK
We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible and appreciate your patience at this time.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to koreyb

to koreyb
said by koreyb:

That may be near impossible as ROGERS likely doesn't share much with TSI on actual issue causes or repair time lines..

If they are RF (signal) issues as stated then Rogers' own subscribers should be affected just as much since Rogers and wholesale subscribers are sharing the same QAMs.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by InvalidError:

If they are RF (signal) issues as stated then Rogers' own subscribers should be affected just as much since Rogers and wholesale subscribers are sharing the same QAMs.

I was kinda thinking the same thing... Any mention in the Rogers forum about these sorts of problems?
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

1 recommendation

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

This is why TSI/CNOC should be running Rogers & their own ATPIA test sites in each of the Canada Post FSA's to narrow down shit like this.

I've been at this since 2010. Here's a more recent post.....
See »Re: [Cable] Rogers claims bandwidth goes to their customers befo
VHS
join:2008-11-17

VHS to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
i am a rogers customer and on Bloor POI. Browsing is slow for me as well.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

This is why TSI/CNOC should be running Rogers & their own ATPIA test sites in each of the Canada Post FSA's to narrow down shit like this.

I've been at this since 2010. Here's a more recent post.....
See »Re: [Cable] Rogers claims bandwidth goes to their customers befo

I agree, we do need some sort of "quality control" and accountablity levied against the incumbents not just rCable but all of them. Regulatory oversight doesn't seem to really exist. The CRTC and even CCTS obviously is under control of special interest while masquerading as looking out for whats better for Canadians.

I do think CNOC and all its TPIA/ATPIA members should band together and work out something along these lines. We can't depend wholly upon the CRTC; especially since they're not really "for the consumer" as much as they're "for the business interests" of corporations.

Really the incumbents are getting away with far too much far too easily for matters like this to be any type of conspiracy or coincidence.

On top of all this the general public at large needs to be educated and informed of what really appears to be going on with our internet and wireless here in Canada. It is my feeling that not enough people realize whats actually going on.

Change is needed.

Gwai Lo Dan
join:2007-01-24
Mississauga, ON

Gwai Lo Dan to KPaul

to KPaul
I'd also recommend saying the issue in laymen's terms. Instead of "POI", why not just say "cable internet".
koreyb
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to InvalidError

to InvalidError
said by InvalidError:

said by koreyb:

As a former Rogers user, I can tell you, they don't keep their own customers informed well either, so I'm sure TSI gets along the same line of info.

Fraoch
join:2003-08-01
Cambridge, ON
SmartRG SR808ac
TP-Link EAP225
Grandstream HT502

Fraoch to The Mongoose

to The Mongoose
said by The Mongoose:

I'm not affected by any of these ongoing issues, but on behalf of those that are, I have to say communication on this could be improved. Just posting every day that there's a signal problem and no ETA is really not particularly helpful, other than to provide an acknowledgement that TSI is aware of the problem.

It would be much more helpful for these posts to include:
1) The technical nature of the signal problem on each POI
2) The symptoms people might encounter as a result
3) A rough idea of the number of of customers affected and the nature of that distribution (ie: 7 nodes on York Mills, an entire CMTS on Bloor, etc)
4) Information on others affected. Is this problem specific to TSI? Specific to TPIA? Or comprehensive, affecting incumbents' customers as well?

I know this is asking a lot, but honestly if I were being affected by these issues I'd be fuming at daily updates telling me there's a vague "signal issue" with no timeline for resolution.

said by Gwai Lo Dan:

I'd also recommend saying the issue in laymen's terms. Instead of "POI", why not just say "cable internet".

These two recommendations conflict with each other...

I'd prefer more technical information but I can't personally speak for the TSI customer base at large.
Fraoch

Fraoch to InvalidError

to InvalidError
said by InvalidError:

Are they though? I haven't checked the Rogers forums, but the Technicolor/Thomson and Motorola SB6121 modems seem to mostly be used by indie subscribers - don't most Rogers customers now use those crappy Huawei and SMC wireless gateway/modem/router combos?

I'm sure Rogers tested the QAM upgrades on their modems, it's probable that they didn't test the results of these upgrades on TPIA modems (why would they?) and the TPIA modems sometimes encounter issues.

I mean, Rogers is evil, but not THAT evil (that they purposely engineer an upgrade to knock out TPIA modems).
koreyb
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb

I use a Huawei, and from my experience, it's not "CRAPPY". It performs very well. I've used the RCA's as well that TSI sells, and they run at about the same, so I don't get why so many people are against them. It's a 8x4 modem. I only got it because it was cheaper to replace my 4x4 sb6120.

Rogers was using SMC modems, but I think are moving to something else now.
mik29999
join:2008-07-21
Toronto, ON

mik29999 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages

Re: [OUTAGE REPORT] July 30th, 2013 - Updated

Is this still ongoing? Am I affected (at Mt. Pleasant and Eglinton) or does my connection suck for some other reason? My speeds on 150/10 are still terrible and have been all week.

I have posted in the Teksavvy Direct forum as well.

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

WhaleOilBee to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages

St. Laurent POI still looking pretty bad for a 28 Mbps service. Still no ETA I guess?

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
When can we expect the Fallowfield postal codes to be available?