spc
uniqs
criggs
join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

criggs to Max Signal

to Max Signal

Re: Signal Strength

What about the Sprint LTE? What are the desirable specs for dBm and CINR/RSRQ? And what are they for the Sprint/Clear WiMax?
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

specs are the same for Sprint

»s4gru.com/index.php?/blo ··· -primer/

xrayman
join:2008-12-09
Kansas City

xrayman to criggs

to criggs
As for Sprint/Clear WiMax I saved this statement from the old Clear site some years back:
"CINR stands for Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio (CINR), expressed in decibels (dBs). CINR is a measurement of signal effectiveness. We use the CINR score to tell us the signal strength received by the modem. The higher the number the better signal you are receiving. You need at minimum a CINR of 8 or greater to receive consistent service. A CINR score of 18 or higher is considered excellent signal strength.
RSSI stands for Received signal strength indicator RSSI is a measurement of the power present in a received radio signal. We use RSSI score to tell us if we are receiving interference in the signal. A RSSI score of -100 reflects a lot of interference in your signal, a score of -50 is an excellent RSSI score and reflects little to no interference present."
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

4G signal is measured in RSSP . The link provided above is from a sprint sanctioned site
criggs
join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

criggs to xrayman

to xrayman
Would this CINR analysis apply to Sprint LTE's CINR? I currently am averaging between -12 and -19 CINR with the Sprint LTE. If the above standards for WiMax applies, then my LTE is in very bad shape, which could explain the fact that its performance so far has been disappointing, even though the signal strength has been well within spec, usually between -79 dBm and -85 dBm.

On the other hand, my WiMax CINR has consistently been well into the plus territory, usually between 8 and 12.