Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Esc
Premium
join:2011-01-26
canada
reply to Esc

Re: [DSL] MLPPP in Rural Ontario - Sugestions for equipment & Se

Here's the math I'm using. TSI charges $26.99 + $5 dry loop fee = $31.99 for 75GB

If I get 3 lines that totals $95.97 + tax and 4 lines would be $127.96 +

If I could get 720p, I would probably divert $50 of the $90 I currently spend on satellite tv and use netflix for movies.

Admittedly, that's not cheap, but it would be functional. Acceptable tv & functional internet for about $50-$60 more a month than I'm spending right now.

fxs

join:2011-10-19
l3r
said by Esc:

Here's the math I'm using. TSI charges $26.99 + $5 dry loop fee = $31.99 for 75GB

If I get 3 lines that totals $95.97 + tax and 4 lines would be $127.96 +

If I could get 720p, I would probably divert $50 of the $90 I currently spend on satellite tv and use netflix for movies.

Admittedly, that's not cheap, but it would be functional. Acceptable tv & functional internet for about $50-$60 more a month than I'm spending right now.

My recommendation would be to try it using the two lines you have now before going "all in". The WRT54GL with tomato/mlppp should be fine to push 3MB/s via MLPPP so the only additional piece of equipment you would need to try this would be a cheap DSL modem ($15 or so).

I used tomato/mlppp on a WRT54GL for years and it was simple to setup and use (this was a couple of years ago now though).