uniqs
share rss forum feed

Clever_Proxy
Premium
join:2004-05-14
Villa Park, IL

1 recommendation

[Rant] Found a stray pitbull

I work part time in the back of the yards. I got to work this morning and found a pitbull scratching at the back door of our building with no collar. I carefully approached her and found she was an extremely sweet, energetic and gentle dog.

It appeared that she just had puppies. I'm not a vet, but it also appeared she was not going to be able to have puppies again. My assumption is the "owners" just abandoned her since her useful life was now over...

WTF is wrong with people?! Fortunately, I found an old friend who was willing to take her in. She's going to attempt to attempt to find her a permanent home.

People disgust me...

»fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/h···08_o.jpg

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Good on you!. Maybe she was looking for food so she could feed her babbles? She instinctively knew to come to you. If I did not have a cat I would take her in a minute.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to Clever_Proxy
I know someone that works with a couple of pit rescues. I can PM you her email if you want it. She's also a marketing director at "Found Chicago".

Clever_Proxy
Premium
Villa Park, IL
That would be great Jon. I just spoke with the woman that has her now. She wants to keep her but isn't sure if she can.

(Hell, I want her, but I can't responsibly keep her.)

jay608
Going Nucking Futs

join:2007-01-22
Chicago, IL
reply to Clever_Proxy
That pisses me off.. I would love to have a dog as well, but cannot. I hope she finds a good home.

kapil
The Kapil

join:2000-04-26
Chicago, IL
reply to Clever_Proxy
Any update on the dog?

Clever_Proxy
Premium
Villa Park, IL
The dog is in a happy healthy home now. Thanks for checking!

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to Clever_Proxy
My stupid cousin abandoned came to stay with my Grandma and he brought his malamute, who was emaciated (malnourished and thin) and the first thing my grandma did wad give him some food. When my cousin moved out of Grandmas house, he abandoned the dog on grandma and active dogs like malamutes and elderly people don't mix.

Fast forward a couple of years, grandma had to move in with us because she became too frail to take care of herself so the dog is much happier now. He goes on walks, gets to go to the park, and be active. At grandma's house, the only fun he has is trashing her house.

He hasn't trashed our house.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
Dogs get destructive when they're bored. People don't realize that when they get working dogs.

We work with an Australian Shepard rescue. One of the dogs we have now is a rescue we fostered. She was in 7 homes in the first 11 months of her life. The family that adopted her when we fostered kept her crated almost 24 hours a day and then turned her back in to the rescue because she was being destructive. We just kept her after that.

It's sad though. She was a nice, friendly 5 or 6 month old puppy when we fostered her. By the time we got her back she was all kinds of effed up. Still trying to get her to trust strangers again. People are f**king stupid.

I also have cousins ho change dogs like I change socks. I blasted them on facebook for the world to see. Their whole side of the family un-friended me and won't talk to me any more, which is fine. I have zero tolerance for people who treat pets like disposable property to be thrown away when they get tired of it. They're the worthless ones IMO.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

I know I'm late to this thread, but:

said by Jon:

I have zero tolerance for people who treat pets like disposable property to be thrown away when they get tired of it. They're the worthless ones IMO.

THIS, THIS, a thousand times THIS. I'm so tired of seeing people get rid of dogs using a poor excuse like "we don't have time to play with it anymore because of (Insert Completely Controllable Life Change Here)." Sorry, you wouldn't dump your kid at a shelter - don't do it to your dog.
--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.