Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut to analog andy

Premium Member

to analog andy

Re: Gasoline Prices 30% above 2008 prices

said by analog andy:

I noticed the prices don't go up on long weekends anymore they go WAY up sometime at night and in the AM or the day after the long weekend.You know hen people need to fill up for work.

Here, they'll go up and week before a long weekend, and then down maybe in a week or so.

Sounds like the LMA is doing what Ontario does now. Damn crooks is all I can say.
analog andy
join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC

analog andy

said by Juggernaut:

said by analog andy:

I noticed the prices don't go up on long weekends anymore they go WAY up sometime at night and in the AM or the day after the long weekend.You know hen people need to fill up for work.

Here, they'll go up and week before a long weekend, and then down maybe in a week or so.

Sounds like the LMA is doing what Ontario does now. Damn crooks is all I can say.

I've noticed at least a $.10 increase in those times. So they got smarter when people started talking online about long weekend gas prices and they changed their methods. I know several years back there was backlash thanks to internet forums about gas prices on long weekends.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

As much as I hate to say it, the rest of the country needs to do it like *wince* Quebec. Prices set once a week. Period. Stop the gouging, FFS!

Thingamajig
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

Thingamajig to Juggernaut

Premium Member

to Juggernaut
Here in Langley they've just opened a Costco gas station. When its open the locals compete, as soon as they close the doors at night the prices jump!

I did the fill up in Blaine Washington last Thursday in my 2011 Ram1500 - $117 USD to fill my truck @ 4.07 a gallon. It would have cost me $158.45 locally. A savings of $41.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Good for you. I wish we had a Costco station here. No room in the lot though. I've asked, no begged... for them to kick some Kelowna ass on pricing.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to Juggernaut

to Juggernaut
said by Juggernaut:

As much as I hate to say it, the rest of the country needs to do it like *wince* Quebec. Prices set once a week. Period. Stop the gouging, FFS!

I'm pretty sure that's in one of the Atlantic provinces, not Quebec. They don't get better prices either. Just "stability".