uniqs

whamel
Premium Member
join:2002-05-09
Evergreen Park, IL

whamel to rolande

Premium Member

to rolande

Re: Gateway Upgrade, me new speed upgrades? @ 1000ft VRAD?

Other question...I see all this hoopla about changing the datapath from interleaved to fastpath...is it better, and if so, how do I go about getting it?

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX

rolande

MVM,

Fastpath is not an option with VDSL2. Only customers on IPDSL/ADSL2+ or the legacy ADSL services have that option.

whamel
Premium Member
Evergreen Park, IL
·AT&T FTTP

whamel

Premium Member

Thanks for clearing this up...I have a Comcast 50/10 line in Mississippi and U-Verse in the Chicagoland area. I know a whole lot more about Coax and DOCSIS via the cable company. Since I spend less time in Chicago, my U-Verse is now only getting the attention I put into this post. I want to change my chicago U-Verse over to Comcast, but I did a trial of that and the node around me must be clogged, b/c at peak times my speeds would drop by half, and latency would increase. Since work requires a more "dedicated" conxn like U-Verse, I am stuck using it in Chicago. So I figure I would try to make the most of it and ask all this...THANKS!

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

I live close to the VRAD myself (less than 1000 feet) but if I want the new 45 Mbps profile I will still need pair bonding. I only have a max line speed of 57 Mbps so I would need pair bonding to get it.

I have no idea if it's a line issue or the fact that I'm on an older F card but I know damn sure that I am close to the VRAD. I can see the VRAD from my front door step and I've traced the phone line from the VRAD to my house. Loop length is about 500 feet according UV real-time.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande

MVM,

Who told you the 45Meg gateway profile requires pair bonding on a line that has a max rate of 57? Or are you referring to ordering the 45Meg Power tier and having TV service at the same time?

AT&T has a preferred threshold for unused overhead on the line to make sure that your line synch is consistent and stable. I believe that a 12Meg buffer is more than enough for the 45Meg gateway profile with the Max Turbo tier going from 24 to 30Meg. I'm in the same range on my line and I've been told by multiple techs that I should not require pair bonding for the new profile at 30Meg.

I think you are right that you will require pair bonding if you have the 45Meg Power tier and Uverse TV service.

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky

Premium Member

Yes, I do have the whole triple play package. So I guess I would be needing to have pair bonding.

whamel
Premium Member
Evergreen Park, IL

whamel to rolande

Premium Member

to rolande
I have triple play as well, pair bonding it is?!

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande

MVM,

Are you ordering the 45Meg Power tier, as soon as it is available? I'm going to take the free bump to 30Meg for now. I have a feeling by the time next summer hits and I have 2 little Skype/Video fiends in my house with devices along with their mother fighting for bandwidth while I am trying to work, that I will need it then, probably more for the increased upload if anything.

whamel
Premium Member
Evergreen Park, IL
·AT&T FTTP

whamel

Premium Member

YUP...I have 5 people, minimum 12 hours a day running VPN's, uploading web edits, video conferencing, remote support, etc...
Not to mention 7 TV's spread throughout. It is a family home/office so we use every last drop of bandwidth available. However, I never did find out, but what are the upload speeds supposed to be for the 30 and 45? If the 45 doesn't go over 6Mbps then i'll stay at the 30. We do more uploading than downloading anyway...
doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

30/3 and 45/6 the last I heard.

whamel
Premium Member
Evergreen Park, IL

whamel

Premium Member

Just saw that in another post...i'm doing the 45, and if and when 75 or 100 becomes available via pair bonding, i'm down....