how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

usry723

join:2009-04-09
Augusta, GA

Premier League Extra Time

"@epltalk: Xfinity Comcast will make Premier League Extra Time available to all Comcast customers nationwide per NBC"

Premier League Extra Time are a set of channels that would give Comcast subscribers access to all EPL games on their TV. Has anyone seen info about these additions on their bill yet? Try to be on the look out for news. It would be amazing if they really do add them nationwide.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
You beat me to this! I'm trying to find out myself when (and where) they will be added. There's only 3 weeks to get them up and running. I'm assuming they could squeeze all the channels into 1 QAM, which would be no issue at all here in the DE/Philly region. HD would be even nicer, but i'm not expecting that.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
said by JeepMatt:

You beat me to this! I'm trying to find out myself when (and where) they will be added. There's only 3 weeks to get them up and running. I'm assuming they could squeeze all the channels into 1 QAM, which would be no issue at all here in the DE/Philly region. HD would be even nicer, but i'm not expecting that.

HD? on comcast they don't even have the full TEAM HD and game HD channels.

Or even goal line HD.

seems unlikely they will add 2-3+ part time HD channels. The only ones they seem to have now is PPV HD? maybe full time now on comcast systems.

GAME 1 HD game 2 HD and team HD. Also redzone HD.

Some areas do have RSN HD overflow slots (in Chicago sheared with info channel HD I think it's only in i480 mode when showing the looping help videos)

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
And figuring they haven't added an HD channel here in DE since June of 2012, i'm not holding my breath.
--

bubba555

@comcast.net
I still don't even have Fox Soccer Channel in HD (I am in Comcast North West NJ System).

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
said by bubba555 :

I still don't even have Fox Soccer Channel in HD (I am in Comcast North West NJ System).

With Fox Soccer being rebranded as FXX (an extension of FX), I assume Fox will be pushing hard to get HD available.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Less than 5 days from the start of the season - and still no word on these extra channels at all...
--

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN
reply to usry723
I have called Comcast. The person on the phone when I said NBC Premier League Extra Time - thought I meant ABC Family Channel. The person online thought I meant NBC Sports of Fox Sports. The person from the Executive Office told me that it just meant a package which contained the NBC Channel and the NBC Live App.
I read him the NBC Press release and he will get back to me. I have little confidence in Comcast at this moment in time. Although I am willing to be presently surprised.
I just want to watch the Manchester United games and Stoke City games. The former should be no problem, the latter a lot more difficult without Premier League Extra Time.
I know we can watch all games online but I don't want to do that I want to watch them with my other half on the t.v. in HD.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
This is what I was able to find for this weekend, I think NBC was still finalizing the schedule of which games were going where; below are ET:

Saturday
7am - Liverpool v Stoke (NBCSN)
10am - Arsenal v Aston Villa (NBCSN)
10am - Norwich v Everton (Live Extra)
10am - Sunderland v Fulham (Live Extra)
10am - West Brom v Southampton (Live Extra)
10am - West Ham v Cardiff (Live Extra)
12:30pm - Swansea v Man United (NBC)

Sunday
8:30am - Crystal Palace v Tottenham (NBCSN)
11am - Chelsea v Hull (NBCSN)

Not sure yet how-where the Live Extra games will be on TV. But above is a good start.

rej4sl

Minneapolis, MN
All those games above will be on Live Extra via the NBC app or online. the ones marked Live Extra only should be on Premier League Extra Time. But as of this moment no idea which channel or if Comcast will host those ad hoc Premier League Extra Time channels.

Manchester United and Stoke City are at least on t.v. on that schedule - and I think Manchester United will be on t.v. for the first 5 weeks.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
There was this article last week on the MCN site, and while it didn't have much info about how Comcast will handle it, it provided an extended game schedule:

Four More Providers Join NBCSN's Premier League Extra Time Roster
TWC, Cox, Bright House, Mediacom Will Open Up Ad Hoc Channels for English Soccer Circuit Matches

By Mike Reynolds, Multichannel News - August 8, 2013
»www.multichannel.com/content/fou···r/144868

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
From scanning the site - only confirm I've seen on any system is for Brighthouse - but then again they have over 200 HD channels and practically every station out there.
--

rej4sl

Minneapolis, MN
reply to usry723
»www.multichannel.com/content/fou···r/144868

The link provided in the text confirmed four more providers = in the text it listed all the others who had agreed including Xfinity Comcast.

So I hope Xfinity Comcast get there fingers out and add these channels as promised.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
Of course Brighthouse is adding all 5 in HD... Of course. They know how to run a cable system.

»[Tampa] NBC Sports Network Extra
--

Spiderman865

join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL
said by JeepMatt:

Of course Brighthouse is adding all 5 in HD... Of course. They know how to run a cable system.

»[Tampa] NBC Sports Network Extra

AT&T Uverse offering the channels as well 691-694 in SD and 1691-1694 in HD.
--
Yesh

Joe12345678

Des Plaines, IL
Directv has all 5 491-495 in HD

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to usry723
Comcast can't add Chiller or Cloo, their own channels, why would these NBCSN extra channels be any different?

They should rename themselves Comicast, because it's hard to take them seriously.

Joe12345678

Des Plaines, IL
said by Os:

Comcast can't add Chiller or Cloo, their own channels, why would these NBCSN extra channels be any different?

They should rename themselves Comicast, because it's hard to take them seriously.

don't have USN as well.

only have game 1 HD game 2 HD Team HD and PPV HD for iN DEMAND feeds and years ago they wanted to trade NFL ST for CSN Philly.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to JeepMatt
said by JeepMatt:

One major difference I've noticed with Brighthouse is they tend to offer fewer HD Premium Movie channels then the other major providers like FIOS which has almost twice as many (41-23). However overall they both offer around 140 HD channels which means they have almost 20 more non HD Premium movie channels then FIOS. I for one wish that FIOS would do the same....

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast
Comcast through the entire Mid-Atlantic scarcely offers more than 5-6 HD premiums.

BrightHouse has more than 23. They range anywhere from 25 in Michigan, 29 in Indianapolis, 31 in Birmingham and Tampa, 32 in Orlando and 36 in Bakersfield. These take a hit recently due to the Showtime/TMC dispute (But those will return at some point), and with TWC's new deal with Starz/Encore/Plex, those numbers will increase shortly.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by Os:

BrightHouse has more than 23.

I guess AVS needs to update their HD channel listing then...

»www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/offic···-13/0_50

rej4sl

Minneapolis, MN
reply to usry723
»worldsoccertalk.com/2013/08/15/w···-system/

The rumor is that Xfinity is using on demand for the Premier League Extra time - links to a twitter feed with rumors aout that. Have not got any more info but this looks promising so far.

Joe12345678

Des Plaines, IL
sounds like some kind of workaround / hack. Is comcast cable systems really that bad?

usry723

join:2009-04-09
Augusta, GA
Adding it to the On-Demand would be the only way it is a Nationwide launch.

The Q

Collegeville, PA
reply to rej4sl
Just got the below from someone who works at comcast. not sure if this is all markets or "selected" markets:

Sounds like no additional bandwith is required by them.

Five or six of BPL’s ten matches will appear live each week on NBC, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), Telemundo, Mun2, CNBC and other NBCU channels.

In some markets, the remaining matches will be immediately available when play begins via a special new feature accessible through XFINITY On Demand at Sports & Fitness > Premier League > Live Matches. Replays and additional BPL programming will be available to all customers with access to XFINITY On Demand.

The Q

Collegeville, PA
reply to Joe12345678
actually makes some business and engineering sense as there is probably no additional bandwidth required for this once a week activity.

rej4sl

Minneapolis, MN
reply to The Q
Hopefully some markets means my area too

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE

1 edit
Interesting - this may be the 1st instance of IPTV on Comcast. This has to be due to their exclusive ownership / relationship w/ NBC.

But, I wonder how "immediate" it will be.

Joe12345678

Des Plaines, IL
reply to The Q
will they add goal line HD in the same way?

PAC12 added feeds?

BTN ALT HD feeds?

GAME 3-9 HD?
TEAM 2-9 HD?

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

1 edit
reply to The Q
said by The Q:

Just got the below from someone who works at comcast. not sure if this is all markets or "selected" markets:

Sounds like no additional bandwith is required by them.

Five or six of BPL’s ten matches will appear live each week on NBC, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), Telemundo, Mun2, CNBC and other NBCU channels.

In some markets, the remaining matches will be immediately available when play begins via a special new feature accessible through XFINITY On Demand at Sports & Fitness > Premier League > Live Matches. Replays and additional BPL programming will be available to all customers with access to XFINITY On Demand.

There is thread on the Comcast Support forum that says that too:

Premier League Extra Time Package Channels Solved
»forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-a···/1787432

EDIT: Also this Xfinity Sports Blog item on it: »xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/sports···xfinity/