spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cjsbrown1
@teksavvy.com

cjsbrown1

Anon

Another [DSL] Poor experience with TekSavvy so far

I am getting very poor D/L speeds so I contacted Teksavvy Direct to try to troubleshoot my problem. They replied that I would have to agree to a possible $87.70 service charge + HST because they have to request line stats from Bell. Why in the world would I agree to pay a fee so that Teksavvy can troubleshoot it's own service??? I understand that Bell is a third party in Teksavvy's service, but that is Teksavvy's responsibility - not mine. It seems I have made a big mistake switching to Teksavvy, and now have to start the process of switching to another DSL provider all over again - sheeesh! Hopefully the next provider will be a little more "Tech Savvy"

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR

RizzleQ

Premium Member

You would only be charged the diagnostic maintenance charge if the issue is not found somewhere on Bell's network. This DMC requirement to submit a ticket to Bell happens with any third party provider you're with, so switching your ISP might be for nothing if you're looking to avoid this possible charge.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to cjsbrown1

Premium Member

to cjsbrown1
Hi cjsbrown1,

I replied to your direct thread as well as your requested a supervisor to look over your direct thread.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan
cjsbrown
join:2013-07-29
Belleville, ON

cjsbrown to RizzleQ

to RizzleQ
The point is, they are asking me to agree to a possible charge BEFORE they even check the line stats. The logical route would be to check the line stats, then if they are not what they should be, to ask the customer to agree to possible charges to further investigate. I have been down this road with Bell, and they provided a lot of tech service via phone and direct computer link and there was never any mention of service charges - they simply went to work on the problem.

oceros37
join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON

oceros37 to cjsbrown1

to cjsbrown1
sounds like bell botched the mapping, and probably the profile of your lines also.

If you had HD video and a police report showing a bell tech walk up and use a sledge hammer on the wiring box/demarc on the outside of your house, as he yelled "MY EMPLOYEE NUMBER IS 15843 AND I AM DEMOLISHING YOUR PHONE SERVICES FOR MY OWN AMUSEMENT!"

You'd still have to agree to a possible service charge to have a technician come out to your home and fix it.
oceros37

1 edit

oceros37 to cjsbrown

to cjsbrown
said by cjsbrown:

The point is, they are asking me to agree to a possible charge BEFORE they even check the line stats. The logical route would be to check the line stats, then if they are not what they should be, to ask the customer to agree to possible charges to further investigate. I have been down this road with Bell, and they provided a lot of tech service via phone and direct computer link and there was never any mention of service charges - they simply went to work on the problem.

That would be logical. If you need to agree to a DMC regarding the line stats, that is because checking the line stats is not possible, without further Bell action. Bell action is not possible without agreeing to the possible DMC.

It's silly, and annoying, but if Bell needs to lift a finger, the DMC needs to be agreed to.
cjsbrown
join:2013-07-29
Belleville, ON

cjsbrown

Well I agreed to the DMC so Teksavvy opened a ticket with Bell. Seems my line wasn't mapped, and they also had me capped at 3mb/s. Now all is well and I am up to 8.8mb/s on my 10/1 plan. The DMC agreement still doesn't sit right with me, but at least TSI addressed my issue quickly and with positive results. Thank you TSI Techs
hdefjunkie
join:2005-01-14
Kanata, ON

hdefjunkie

Just an observance on my recent switch to 50/10 from cable.. The day before my install date, was also getting 3mbps down through the modem. It would seem the lines are connected to "something".
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by hdefjunkie:

The day before my install date, was also getting 3mbps down through the modem. It would seem the lines are connected to "something".

That varies.

Sometimes there may be a tech dowing work at the DSLAM lumping together work scheduled over the next few days to spare himself the trouble of going back between every client. If you or the previous owner/tenant had xDSL before, the line may already be hooked up and all that was needed is administrative action to turn the port back on. In either case, the like often ends up at the default 3M/800 until activation tests are run on install-day when the install tech calls the test center to request them and set the line profile.