uniqs
share rss forum feed

zsto

join:2008-01-24
Hamilton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

300GB cap and billing cycle

Does anyone know how the cap works? Teksavvy allows you to check the amount of bandwidth you use month to month (I assume from the first to last day of each month), but is that also what Teksavvy goes by to monitor your usage for a certain billing cycle?

Lets say your billing cycle starts at the 10th of every month - Would the bandwidth you use start counting from the 10th of this month to the 10th of the next month? But if this is the case, we can't properly monitor our bandwidth usage with Teksavvy's month to month system (assuming it's from the first to last day of each month).

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
Bandwidth usage (for cap purposes) is tracked by the calendar month. Bandwidth usage between 2AM and 8AM does not count, nor does upstream bandwidth.
--
Latest version of CapSavvy systray usage checker: »CapSavvy v4.2 released!

zsto

join:2008-01-24
Hamilton, ON
Oooh, thank you. That makes things a lot simpler to track.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
... also its $0.50 cents per GB extra after your limited 300GB/mo. up to what exactly maximum I have no idea.

RandalIT
FTTB

join:2012-07-26
Calgary, AB
$20 maximum for overages

ommand

join:2013-07-19
canada
said by RandalIT:

$20 maximum for overages

That depends on the package you're on. If you're on 45/4 it caps at 50 dollars, if you're on 150/10 there doesn't seem to be a cap.

RandalIT
FTTB

join:2012-07-26
Calgary, AB
Sorry $25 although this is in Telus land, looked on the site and it says $25 max although it does appear to vary between DSL and cable.

Overage on all packages that are not unlimited will be charged at $0.25/GB to a maximum of $25/month.

ommand

join:2013-07-19
canada
$0.50/GB for all the cable packages currently available to me (all the new ones).