Wellesley, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

[Express] I was refused bundle bonus after I purchased

Click for full size
Bundle deal posted on rogers.com
Click for full size
It says for existing customer as well
Hi I rencetly ordered rogers cable TV + Internet and after a week or so, i saw on rogers.com (»www.rogers.com/web/content/bundles-rogers I also attached screen shot) that if I get a wireless with Rogers, then I get bundle bonuses for free (which was 20 GB extra monthly usage for 3 years - please check the link provided). I called Rogers and the lady told me I will get this bonus if I get 3rd Rogers product (wireless) and I decided to go for it. She gave me discounts for bringing my own phone as well. After I received the sim card i saw that I didnt get the bonus that she mentioned i will get and its posted on the rogers.com website without any exception rules. It says get Internet + TV + Wireless and you get the bonuses for free. So I started the live chat and asked what happened. Some guy name Darren told me that she didn't leave a note that I will get this bonus. And i donno how thats my fault? I told him about the website and this is what he said exactly : (I also copied his full chat) "Darren: I understand it's on the website, but this was not added to your account." I felt like I wish I had my first conversation with with sales lady over the phone taped so that I could play it and show him that she said it will be added but (may be) forgot to leave note? So if its on rogers.com and if i don't get it even following the instruction and bundling with the 3 rogers product, then isn't it false advertising?

I called Rogers and they kept forwarding me to different people. Someone told me that the bundle bonus is for only new customers (»www.rogers.com/web/content/bundles-landing I also attached screen shot). And (though i am a new customer) on the website it says its for new and existing customer if they bundle with a new product. I mentioned the website he got nervous and forwarded me to another person. After 3 times getting forwarded someone told me he is sorry that i didnt get it but based on the website he thinks i should get it. and he gave me case id: c71492219.

I still havent seen the 20GB added to my account. The only reason i got the wireless service from rogers because i saw the ad for the extra 20 GB. What should i do?

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
Keep on them. A couple of tips:

-If you've had your wireless service for less than 15 days, and used less than 30 minutes of airtime, you can very easily cancel your wireless service. The word "Cancel" can motivate them sometimes.

-Watch out for delaying tactics

-Don't be afraid to escalate. Ask for a manager if you feel you need to.

-If they need to hand you off to a different department, then you should insist that they conference that department in, and that they bring the new person up to speed. Don't let the rep off the phone until the next person is on the phone, and don't tolerate having to re-explain everything yourself to the new person.

Chuckles

@rogers.com
reply to tanimhbk
You signed up for a wireless plan just for a measly extra 20GB?

Seriously?

tanimhbk

join:2013-07-20
Wellesley, ON
Yeah otherwise i was going to get koodo.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to tanimhbk
Regardless of whether it was noted or not, any rep can easily apply this promotion for you. If they refuse, then return the device and take your business to koodo.

tanimhbk

Wellesley, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to tanimhbk
After trying on the phone with 4-5 ppl from rogers and getting refused and then live chat got refused too, i went to Rogers store at the mall. At the beginning they wont be able to do anything but then I asked them to call Rogers main office, and suddenly many ppl came to the store and they added the 20GB. I cant believe how they put something on their website and customers wont get it because the sales person forgot to add it.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
The only reason why you should be refused the extra 20 gb is if you already have an existing promotion on your tv and/or internet services.

tanimhbk

Wellesley, ON
It doesn't say anywhere on the Rogers website that there is an exception. When I called they tried their best to find an exception but there is nothing written that they could find.