TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
kudos:1
reply to Bai

Re: Switching fr Bell to TekSavvy

Hello Bai,

Glad to hear that you want to come to Teksavvy for your DSL needs. Now, the proper procedure to get the service activated with us is as follows:

You will need to set a cancellation with Bell first for your service. Once you have a confirmed date, we can move ahead with the order, but we will have to set the activation date for 5 business days after your cancellation. Since you have active DSL with Bell, there will be a minimum 5 business days of downtime between your cancellation date and your activation date with us. By following this procedure, you will avoid any additional delays.

If we had a way to eliminate downtime, we would work towards that.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

TSI - Scott
--
TSI Support - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
5 day downtime? Is this new?

cjsbrown

join:2013-07-29
Belleville, ON
reply to TSI Support1
Ummm... I just did the switch from Bell DSL to Teksavvy DSL last Thursday. Teksavvy was up and running the very same day as Bell disconnected. There was no 5 day waiting period.

Bai

join:2011-10-17

2 edits
What profile did you get, or it's the same profile fr Bell when you switched to Teksavvy?

5 days downtime minimum is quite a step for switching, but if you said that it was happened on same day then was great.
Looks like we have different info here fr Teksavvy rep.

cjsbrown

join:2013-07-29
Belleville, ON
I didn't change anything as far as speeds go - only bandwidth. So I guess it is like mlerner has stated above, that since you are changing your profile, there is a wait period involved.