MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to implode

Premium Member

to implode

Re: Alternative to Mediacom in the Waterloo, IA area?

From what you've listed it seems you should be very well protected from some sort of outside influence causing you to receive a DMCA violation. So as long as you don't do anything that would cause this you should be fine.

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

elios

still doesnt stop that there is no way to deal with false DMCA takedown reqests
THEY ARE NOT VIOLATIONS they are REQUESTS
they are not based in a court of law and Mediacom needs to end this stupid idea that they are proof of guilt
if i wanted Chad i could have 3 or 4 DMCA takedown requests sent to some one i didnt like just to get them kicked off Mediacom
what would you do then?
there is nothing stopping me from making false takedowns mean wile you cut off there service

THE ONLY thing Mediacom is required to do by law is forward the takedown notice to the customer NO MORE NO LESS

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Elios,

Mediacom is informed by the FCC of these violations and according to national copyright laws we have to notate the account and keep track of them. This is our only part in the actual process.

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

1 edit

elios

and you do you not cut people off after 3?
like i said any one can make DMCA request real or not
and you would cut off any one that got 3 of them

and YOU have no idea how DMCA notices work as the FCC plays ZERO part in it
there is NO 'national copyright law' that says you have do any thing but forward the notice to the user
your banning of users for them is uncalled for and unfair
and your way of fighting bad notices only opens your users up to law suits that are unwinable

you really should look in how DMCA Takedown notices work
as ANY ONE can send one to mediacom saying user at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx has infringed on x copyright
all you need is the ip

can you not see how this can be abused

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

elios - I am not part of the group that handles DMCA violations, nor do I manage the way the company handles that. I will gladly forward your complaint about our methods over to them so your voice can be heard. I openly admit I don't deal with the DMCA violations a lot which is why I generally have them handled by the direct department that takes care of these. If you have any other concerns about our DMCA policy, I can gladly forward them over.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

here this is why mediacom needs to think about how they handle DCMA notices.

Abuse of Takedown notice

Google asserted misuse of the DMCA in a filing concerning New Zealand's copyright act,[25] quoting results from a 2005 study by Californian academics Laura Quilter and Jennifer Urban based on data from the Chilling Effects clearinghouse.[26] Takedown notices targeting a competing business made up over half (57%) of the notices Google has received, the company said, and more than one-third (37%), "were not valid copyright claims."

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to MediacomChad

MVM

to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

Elios,

Mediacom is informed by the FCC of these violations and according to national copyright laws we have to notate the account and keep track of them. This is our only part in the actual process.

I don't think that the FCC is involved. Agents of the copyright holders determine IP addresses of putative (Look it up!) violators. Their are any number of IP lookup tools available to determine which company owns an IP address. Agent sends DMCA takedown request direct to the owner of the IP address. Owner then forwards letter to customer. Certainly the examples I have seen from customers of the local cable service are from the copyright agents, and ISP; no mention of the FCC.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You are right. I thought I removed that, it is not the FCC. I was mistaken.