All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Diverod
join:2013-06-04
Citra, FL

Diverod to septcasey

to septcasey

Re: [HN9000] Nearly impossible to view YouTube videos?

I'm on a 9000 and find YouTube to work poorly at best. I've gotten to were I just use the free YouTube download app so I can watch a smooth video that isn't chopped or incomplete.

If you decide to install the free YouTube downloader just be sure to uncheck all the boxes as you go through the install (unless you want all those add-ons).

septcasey
join:2006-09-07
United State

septcasey

said by Diverod:

I'm on a 9000 and find YouTube to work poorly at best. I've gotten to were I just use the free YouTube download app so I can watch a smooth video that isn't chopped or incomplete.

If you decide to install the free YouTube downloader just be sure to uncheck all the boxes as you go through the install (unless you want all those add-ons).

Are youtube downloaders legal? I can't seem to very if they are or not on web searches. Some say yes, some say no. Is there a program legally made for downloading youtube videos to computer?
chances14
join:2010-03-03
Michigan

chances14

said by septcasey:

said by Diverod:

Are youtube downloaders legal? I can't seem to very if they are or not on web searches. Some say yes, some say no. Is there a program legally made for downloading youtube videos to computer?

it's a gray area.

Youtube already downloads video to your computer's cache when you are watching them so i would lean more towards being legal
Diverod
join:2013-06-04
Citra, FL

Diverod to septcasey

to septcasey
Hmm, never really thought about that...
I do some closed caption editing for YouTube videos and this is the only way I can do it without pulling my hair out.
It's available at CNET so never considered legality issues although I tend to get it directly from the developer at youtubedownloader.
I then run it in Daum PotPlayer so I can use my foot pedal to control it.