spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Frustrated77
@bellsouth.net

Frustrated77

Anon

[Southeast] Why won't they negotiate to keep a good customer

I am frustrated. I was in a 12 month promotion and now my rate is nearly doubling. I called today to see what they could do and had to talk to the cancellation person first who said she had no authority to do anything about it but could transfer me. Then I was transferred to repairs rather than retention so I had to be transferred and wait yet again. All that lady could offer was a discount that was still a roughly 30% increase. I have an offer from Comcast but it is such a headache to change providers. What else can I do to get closer to the promo rate. I work at a non-profit with troubled kids and LOVE my job but can't afford a big increase. Thank you. I live in GA.

Jon J
join:2000-06-12
Nashville, TN

Jon J

You obviously understood you were receiving a special promotion rate. Why do you not expect your monthly cost to increase to the rate you were told it would?

GoodCustomer
@comcast.net

GoodCustomer to Frustrated77

Anon

to Frustrated77
To AT&T, the only "good customer" is a wireless customer who has autopay setup and never calls AT&T about anything (except perhaps to purchase new phones or add additional wireless services).

To AT&T, you are not a "good customer".
Expand your moderator at work

Pesimist
join:2007-07-09
Valley, AL

Pesimist to Frustrated77

to Frustrated77

Re: [Southeast] Why won't they negotiate to keep a good customer

Assuming you are a DSL w/phone line customer, drop the DSL package to the lowest package they offer & same for the phone.

It really isn't that hard to change providers but, keep in mind that AT&T may not offer DSL service to your address in the future if you drop them. Seems their focus is on U-Verse now.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx to Frustrated77

Premium Member

to Frustrated77
"Teaser" rates is what churns new business. AT&T has done this for years. It is customary for the rate to double at the end of one year. Comcast does the same thing. They are both expensive. You might look into **naked** Internet and Dish Internet directly from Dish and not from a third party. Dish does have some pretty good deals and they do negotiate.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer to Jon J

Premium Member

to Jon J
said by Jon J:

... increase to the rate you were told it would?

Maybe because they don't tell you what that non-promo rate is going to be? ISPs are very bad about a) not telling customers what the "standard" rate is, and/or b) hiding it in obscure fine print, or hard to find web pages, making it difficult to find.

While switching ISPs to get that dirt cheap rate can be messy, be glad you even have that option.