Perhaps, to counter all the things that can go wrong with TSI installs, we also need a thread to post when things worked out just the way they were supposed to (which most people probably don't bother with).
I just upgraded my DSL from 6/1 to 15/10, and it couldn't have worked out better.
I placed the order on 07/23, and picked the first possible installation date of 07/31.
My modem arrived three days later (unfortunately via the annoying mandatory pickup
, but at least I got it).
On the 26th TSI called to confirm the installation date and times.
On the day of the installation (today), the Bell technician called about an hour before his scheduled time slot, to confirm his visit.
My old connection went down at about noon, at 12:20 the new modem (which I hooked up when the old one stopped working) started to synch, and about 10 minutes later the Bell guy came by to check its status.
About half an hour later the modem connected to the Internet, and I was back in business!Total downtime: about an hour.
My speeds are 15down, 10up (just like advertised), with a pretty bad ping of 41 (but the TSI guy hasn't even shown up yet, so he may still be able to tweak it a bit).
I have been with TSI for over 5 years, and went through all the ups and downs, and was VERY hesitant to upgrade my current connection, as my last move (about 2 years ago) was screwed up big time, and I just didn't want to risk being without Internet for a week again (I work online). I rather put up with my slow connection (which, by now, got me download speeds of about 350Kb/sec), than risk losing Internet altogether.
And, with the still constant stream of reports of botched installations here on the forum, I was VERY concerned.
But I finally had
to bite the bullet, and risk it, and I couldn't be happier now...
So, perhaps for people who are equally hesitant to change anything
, even if they'd like to, it might be good to hear from others who had similarly good experiences, to keep things a bit balanced.