how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jrm2011

join:2013-07-28
Poplarville, MS
reply to jrm2011

Re: What exactly is the max user rate for?

Oh yea, did I mention my house is 1500ft from the yard? No way I'm paying anyone that kind of money to pay for their service. 3mbps it is until something better or affordablish shows up.

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:5
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk

A quick Google search turns up a 1000 foot spool of burial grade quad shield RG-6 for $76.39 + s/h and tax.

»www.cablingplus.com/products/rg6···e-1000ft

Another quick Google search turns up a rate of $235/day to rent a Ditch Witch trencher. I bet you could negotiate something for a partial day even. It may take you a couple hours plus loading and hauling back and forth on either end. Maybe 4 hours total.

»www.sunbeltrentals.com/equipment···tid=s185

To be honest though, I'm not sure what the distance limitations are for the signal on RG-6 and if it requires amplification. There may be additional requirements. You'd also want someone to come out and mark all the utilities so you could plan where to trench and then actually measure it.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9

Do you realize how much line loss there is in 1000ft of RG-6?

Note: I've tried feeding a signal through a new spool, just for grins, with a 22db amp... all I got was noise (using a power meter) at the other end.

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4

said by cramer:

Note: I've tried feeding a signal through a new spool, just for grins, with a 22db amp... all I got was noise (using a power meter) at the other end.

Hence the reason why I suggested QR cabling. I bet it would work with QR-320.

TestBoy
Premium
join:2009-10-13
Irmo, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·tw telecom

said by Paralel:

said by cramer:

Hence the reason why I suggested QR cabling. I bet it would work with QR-320.

^^ this.
You need hardline at 1000 feet..... anything less is just crazy.

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
reply to Paralel

Negative. Look. At. The. Specs. Attenuation: 2.98db/100ft@600MHz, 3.34db/100ft@750. At his 1500ft, that's in the neighborhood of 50db. In other words, no signal at the end of it. It'll need a beefy amp, on both ends.