eweazel

join:2008-12-09
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Tjalfe

Re: Best option for TV?

said by Tjalfe:

I have Teksavvy Cable internet now, along with a resold Bell phone line through teksavvy. Until now, my wife has been plenty happy with the analog channels on cable, which came through as Rogers did not install a filter ( thanks rogers ).

Now the analog channels are dropping like flies and she has me looking for alternatives. in the last 6 months or so, my house is within reach of Bell Fibe TV, so I can now get Fibe/Rogers Cable/Satellite, whichever is better/cheaper.

Calling bell, I have been offered home phone/internet/"select" TV for ~$100/month for 2 years. this is with unlimited 15/10 DSL, unlimited phone with voicemail/long distance/4 receivers.
Rogers is a tad more, but offers their VIP package and faster internet, also with unlimited phone, but at around $140/month for 6 months, then ~$170/month after. this is also for 4 receivers

I am currently paying for teksavvy 28/1 unlimited, along with home phone, with the unlimited long distance for $53, so ~$115/month.

I "might" be able to get some HD channels off the air with a good antenna on the roof, but looking south towards the CN tower, I look straight into a hill. I suppose I should actually try, though looking at what I am paying now, versus what I would be paying in a bundle, with tv included, the TV part does not appear to be a whole lot more, and in case of bell, I would be paying less ( though dropping my internet speed )

Any thoughts?

My wife was the same way. She was angry and miffed when I cancelled our cable. Now she is used to the Boxee box and any show she wants I get in a minute or two, now she is no longer angry and miffed but quite demanding lol.

I have huluplus, Netflix, stream from actual sites and of course terra bytes of shows and movies.

Tjalfe

join:2010-07-29
Newmarket, ON
said by eweazel:

My wife was the same way. She was angry and miffed when I cancelled our cable. Now she is used to the Boxee box and any show she wants I get in a minute or two, now she is no longer angry and miffed but quite demanding lol.

I have huluplus, Netflix, stream from actual sites and of course terra bytes of shows and movies.

I have a popcorn hour media player, which is always stocked with the latest and greatest movies, but she wants "mindless" tv when she is up breastfeeding in the middle of the night Naturally Treehouse or something equivalent is being requested too.