Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

Strange billings

I just got home to find a bill labelled "final bill" and then another bill to bill me for the next month! I haven't closed my account.

According to the phone folks, they were changing the billing method and moving everybody to the integrated account numbers from the old "cable account numbers".

They might have had the smarts to warn me in advance that this was happening. To open a bill saying Final Bill is kind of heart stopping!

For a communications company, they sure are pathetic at communicating.

Also called them to pay my bill since I was a little late (been away) ... and was told that their payments system was broken!

I sometimes think it's a miracle they work at all.

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2

1 edit

Their whole website is broken most of the time and that's why I think its no surprise their internal systems are also broken.
But at least their core internet/tv/phone/wireless systems are reliable.

As for communication, I think that's a hit or miss. Something I get latest updates by e-mail on time and sometimes I find out about stuff after the fact.

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
reply to sbrook

Oh great, I'm probably going to find my wireless account merged with my dad's cable account again. lol
--
Tom

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3
reply to technocar2

said by technocar2:

But at least their core internet/tv/phone/wireless systems are reliable.

So long as you don't use Rogers DNS servers, which are notoriously unreliable. That said, I would agree that for the most part, they keep the main services running.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to TLS2000

said by TLS2000:

Oh great, I'm probably going to find my wireless account merged with my dad's cable account again. lol

You have a 85% chance every time you call that would happen anyway.

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

The sad thing is that's probably true. Let me tell you, it was not a pleasant experience trying to get them to fix that. It pissed me off when they told me that I must have forgotten that he opened the account for me as one excuse. They then finally admitted that their system automatically merged our accounts, but told me they needed his permission to restore my account to me.

I put a PIN on the account per their recommendation, but as I understand it that doesn't matter when the system decides to merge the accounts. I then discovered about a year later that the PIN had magically disappeared when doing an upgrade at a Rogers Wireless store.

Basically I'm saying that their software for managing and tracking accounts is severely broken and based on their track record of never getting their website working correctly in the last 6-7 years, I don't see that changing.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

I'm sure a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner would fix that real quick. At best it's borderline illegal since two people at the same address may not have any ties at all and when you're dealing with wireless accounts which affect your credit history, you're potentially breaking privacy laws and breach of contracts.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
reply to sbrook

Rogers doesn't care...

»Woman Sues Rogers For 'Exposing' Her Affair
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net