IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

I'll use my MiFi

I'm typing this as I enjoy dinner at Panera Bread using my MacBook Pro. I have an evening to kill while mom and grandma are shopping at the Holyoke Mall a few miles up the road so I might as well grab a dinner and enjoy a soda and work on my MacBook Pro.

Internet on the MacBook Pro provided by Verizon Wireless through my MiFi.

My favorite meal at Panera is the You Pick 2 with a ceasar salad and italian combo but since I have been battling acid reflux I go for the smoked turkey (easier on the stomach)
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

Why not use Panera's free WiFi? Other than the fact that free restaurant WiFi is almost without fail excruciatingly slow, the Panera near me in Austin being no exception?

I have three carriers of connectivity that I can tether (all of the big four except AT&T) but I'll still try to use restaurant/coffee shop WiFi when available, especially if my Low-cap Verizon iPad is the only thing with a 4G connection available at that spot.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

said by iansltx:

Why not use Panera's free WiFi? Other than the fact that free restaurant WiFi is almost without fail excruciatingly slow, the Panera near me in Austin being no exception?

I have three carriers of connectivity that I can tether (all of the big four except AT&T) but I'll still try to use restaurant/coffee shop WiFi when available, especially if my Low-cap Verizon iPad is the only thing with a 4G connection available at that spot.

If it's set like the Panera's i go to, the parental filter is set to nazi mode.
Not worth it.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to iansltx

to iansltx
If he used the Wifi at Panara or any where else, he couldn't give VZ any free marketing.
iansltx
Austin, TX

iansltx

Meh, whatever.

Posted from my computer, tethered to my VZW iPad, because five bars of LTE works better than the backup ISP that's backing the hotel WiFi here. I'd tether to my TMo-powered Nexus 4, but they have a single T1 powering an HSPA+ site. And my Sprint GSIII flickers between a weak Sprint signal and roaming on EvDO on VZW in the hotel. So along I go, paying $15/GB for data...but at least it's fast and reliable.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

said by iansltx:

Meh, whatever.

Posted from my computer, tethered to my VZW iPad, because five bars of LTE works better than the backup ISP that's backing the hotel WiFi here. I'd tether to my TMo-powered Nexus 4, but they have a single T1 powering an HSPA+ site. And my Sprint GSIII flickers between a weak Sprint signal and roaming on EvDO on VZW in the hotel. So along I go, paying $15/GB for data...but at least it's fast and reliable.

I actually do keep a verizon mifi on hand if needed, using prepaid. So, i get what your saying.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to iansltx

to iansltx
I didn't say anything about you giving free marketing to Verizon. You should re-read that.
iansltx
Austin, TX

iansltx

Irony. I posted with it.