join:2009-10-13
Irmo, SC

TestBoy

Premium Member

24 meg tier on iNID?

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
So I saw the option all of a sudden to get this tier.... I questioned it and called in.
I was told that absolutely I could....

10 minutes later.. I had it.. but it looks a little upset in UV Realtime....
But it works fine.....
This a new thing and I just happened to be able to get it?

Edit: still going okay after 20 mins.. no corrected or uncorrectable blocks and by now I always had some....
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

I just checked and I have the same option available too.

It makes sense since pair bonded lines will now support the 45/6 plan when it launches in our areas that they can now support 24/3.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David to TestBoy

Premium Member

to TestBoy
Just a general note and for anyone that upgrades... It typically is best (least back in the ADSL days) if you change profiles/speeds to shutdown the xDSL modem for about 5 minutes and turn back on.

Some modems/cpe equipment sometimes doesn't like the change right away or some go nuts.

TestBoy
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

TestBoy to Zoder

Premium Member

to Zoder
I was under the impression that a new gateway was required so I never expected to see more than the 25 meg profile without that new gateway.
That's why I called in and asked about it because I assumed that they were going to have to send someone to install that OR that it was a glitch and they would tell me nope.. sorry...

I am getting 23-24 down and just a hair over 3 up on it.
That is with 1 tv going, I am sure that the second set will drag it down.
TestBoy

TestBoy to David

Premium Member

to David
It's funny you mention that David because the iNID did go bats--t crazy about 10 minutes after I hung up.

The wife was watching TV and it went blank on her and it did not come back after a few minutes.
I couldn't get UV realtime to talk to it so I went outside and looked at the iNID and it seemed to be blinking a pattern.. so I figured that whatever was changed caused it really bad heartburn, came back inside and unplugged the battery backup to cut power to it and plugged it back in and it synced back up fine...

I wonder how many service calls will be spurred on by this or will they instruct people to power it down and back up by unplugging the battery back up? (on the DC side obviously)

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

probably would be more tier 1 calls than anything. power off and power on seems to be something either most people will try on their own or tier 1 seems to have them do.

TestBoy
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

TestBoy

Premium Member

How many people know that you have to restart the iNID by pulling the dc side?

I used to work in the industry... I know that we would like to have faith in our fellow humans
but if I asked my wife to unplug the iNID she would go to the AC side and wonder why it was beeping at her

But... anyone like me getting this upgrade might want to just do as David says and pull the plug on it.
It was a lot happier after that.
That's just my default mode before calling tech support but I will have to admit I almost didn't do it
because I was set in my mind that the iNID would not work on that profile and that I was being tortured by AT&T

UV Realtime I take it needs an update to be happier on the 32 meg profile I take it?

(I work from home, so the extra 1.5 megabits upstream actually helps, a lot....)
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to TestBoy

to TestBoy

Normally a speed tier change would not cause you to loose sync -- however in this case because the iNid customers previously had a 25 mb profile (and they have to switch you to a 32mb profile for the 24/3 package) -- they had to push not just a tier change but a sync profile change to your iNid which caused the re sync (and video service to drop briefly).