share rss forum feed

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
reply to sbrook

Re: Strange billings

Oh great, I'm probably going to find my wireless account merged with my dad's cable account again. lol
--
Tom

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
said by TLS2000:

Oh great, I'm probably going to find my wireless account merged with my dad's cable account again. lol

You have a 85% chance every time you call that would happen anyway.

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
The sad thing is that's probably true. Let me tell you, it was not a pleasant experience trying to get them to fix that. It pissed me off when they told me that I must have forgotten that he opened the account for me as one excuse. They then finally admitted that their system automatically merged our accounts, but told me they needed his permission to restore my account to me.

I put a PIN on the account per their recommendation, but as I understand it that doesn't matter when the system decides to merge the accounts. I then discovered about a year later that the PIN had magically disappeared when doing an upgrade at a Rogers Wireless store.

Basically I'm saying that their software for managing and tracking accounts is severely broken and based on their track record of never getting their website working correctly in the last 6-7 years, I don't see that changing.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
I'm sure a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner would fix that real quick. At best it's borderline illegal since two people at the same address may not have any ties at all and when you're dealing with wireless accounts which affect your credit history, you're potentially breaking privacy laws and breach of contracts.