Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3
reply to sbrook

Re: LOL @ Roger's & Bell's Pathetic Radio Ad

said by sbrook:

I absolutely don't want Verizon in Canada. They will be absolutely no different from the big 3 here already. But Robellus argument for keeping Verizon out is pathetic.

My take on it is that I don't think people think Verizon will be necessarily and better than Robellus. However, an additional large competitor might help keep Robellus more honest. It may be a faint hope.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

Given Verizon's (and other US carriers') behaviour in the US, I seriously doubt their own honesty. They would simply become another member of the club, and we'll be talking about Verobellus.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

But if Verizon comes here, are they gonna start in the big cities first like the existing new entrants, or are they gonna share towers with robellus?

I can't see them being relevant unless they're national, or at least cover a lot of rural areas.

Anyway, they will probably have good prices for the first couple years as to attract switchers. after that, it'll probably be the same shit like the rest of the cartel.
--

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

Given Verizon's (and other US carriers') behaviour in the US, I seriously doubt their own honesty. They would simply become another member of the club, and we'll be talking about Verobellus.

Precisely. Verizon is every bit the scumbag company that Robellus is or aspires to be. Some of the folks hear need to venture over to read some of the forums our American friends post to. The horror stories are strikingly similar and equally pathetic. The current oligopoly will be diluted, and that is what they fear.

If Verizon buys Wind, I may wait a year or so though, because the honeymoon period will likely see some bonuses and such as Verizon woos Canadians.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

ex Telecom

@b2b2c.ca
reply to Ian

No it won't The largest cableco in Quebec has been offering cell service for a while now, and packages are pretty much the same as robelus.

the cerberus

join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

Seriously?

Why would Verizon want to join the club that just adamantly tried to keep it out of the country?
Robellus just payed large sums of money to keep Verizon out for what reason exactly?

They are scared they will have to really compete. A real threat, with lower costs(look it up and compare rogers/bell to verizon)

The small new entrants that came in never really could get the coverage, and Rogers, Bell and Telus would repeatedly buy the up (Moblicity, Fido, Virgin).
When Robellus learned they would actually have someone come in they could never buy they threw a big fit with these ads that not many buy into.
When a new carrier enters, in order to compete in the market, they will have to offer lower costs, and really ONLY big companies like Verizon can afford to do this while setting up, upgrading and expanding a new network.