All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

RLBL
join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON

RLBL to Xstar_Lumini

to Xstar_Lumini

Re: Sign if you are commited to dumping Rogers!

said by Xstar_Lumini:

I have Dish satellite TV since 2001 and have never looked back at Rogers cable.. I get 320 channels for $33 u.s. dollars.

How are you doing so with a Canadian address (or do they care what you address is?)

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini

said by RLBL:

said by Xstar_Lumini:

I have Dish satellite TV since 2001 and have never looked back at Rogers cable.. I get 320 channels for $33 u.s. dollars.

How are you doing so with a Canadian address (or do they care what you address is?)

There are dozens of intermidiary providers in the GTA that take care of that, they charge $75 a year to provide you with a u.s. address and process your payments.. but you must have a CC card so they can take away $33 u.s. a month.

RLBL
join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

said by Xstar_Lumini:

said by RLBL:

said by Xstar_Lumini:

There are dozens of intermidiary providers in the GTA that take care of that, they charge $75 a year to provide you with a u.s. address and process your payments.. but you must have a CC card so they can take away $33 u.s. a month.

Sounds sketchy (ignoring the legalities). If it is working for you, fine... Thanks for replying.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

thank god I got parents in the US I use their address for all type of stuff netflix and other US states they won't let you use cdn info.

Not sure I'd do the cable thing as I just download and don't have cable right now anyway.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to RLBL

to RLBL
said by RLBL:

Sounds sketchy (ignoring the legalities). If it is working for you, fine... Thanks for replying.

sketchy?, there are lots of canadians doing this, it doesnt infract crtc rules as it has nothing todo about stealing canadian signals, the price to get setup is alot cheaper than paying robbers or bhell's 1 month bill, seems no risk at all even if you have to setup/buy the equipment which u can buy second hand, in the long run, say 6 months lol, youd be in the black and not paying outrageous cable tv prices which go up constantly for crap programming
but keeping paying robbers monthly bill if you like but that to me is more sketchy as to why if theres alternatives
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

Dish is in violation of their programming agreements with their suppliers if they knowingly do this. They may simply turn a blind eye, but if their suppliers make a stink about it, they'll have to do something. Their suppliers could get pressure put on them by their Canadian customers (Rogers, Cogeco, Bell, Shaw, etc.) if this practice becomes more widespread.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to vincom

to vincom
said by vincom:

sketchy?, there are lots of canadians doing this, it doesnt infract crtc rules as it has nothing todo about stealing canadian signals, the price to get setup is alot cheaper than paying robbers or bhell's 1 month bill, seems no risk at all even if you have to setup/buy the equipment which u can buy second hand, in the long run, say 6 months lol, youd be in the black and not paying outrageous cable tv prices which go up constantly for crap programming
but keeping paying robbers monthly bill if you like but that to me is more sketchy as to why if theres alternatives

Except it is illegal in Canada to receive services the way these users are. Just because lots of people are doing something doesn't mean it is legal.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom

said by 34764170:

said by vincom:

Except it is illegal in Canada to receive services the way these users are. Just because lots of people are doing something doesn't mean it is legal.

what law are they breaking in Canada, I really don't know.
the old days I know people where stealing Canadian satellite signals and the cops were cracking down on the resellers and maybe some users.
how about overseas signals would they also be considered illegal.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

well being none of us are lawyers and I'm sure none are going to read the whole signals code lets say this some of us don't give a fork and will do it if we can.

I got a VPN and get US netflix is that breaking some type of BS code no idea and I don't care if I wanted to get cheaper TV I'm more than happy to get something that lets me get the US signals.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to vincom

Mod

to vincom
»www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/sm ··· 907.html

dabonz7
join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7 to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG
what VPN you using ?

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook
HA this part is funny.

there would be hundreds of millions of additional dollars poured into the Canadian broadcasting system to make Canadian program

Yeah right I don't have cable because of that shitty cdn content and the high prices. So they lose nothing if I got a US content. I don't see the government pushing this stuff to hard or even caring. I'd hope they'd have better things to work on.

I shall stand by what I said if I wanted it I'd get it fork the government and the crappy cdn content BS.
TOPDAWG

TOPDAWG to dabonz7

Premium Member

to dabonz7
ibvpn. it's not bad but once a year they have it for half off. one good thing is you get the DNS with each type of account so I use the VPN let me in laws use the DNS for US netflix.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

there would be hundreds of millions of additional dollars poured into the Canadian broadcasting system to make Canadian program

The truth is funny?