spc
Search similar:

uniqs
quickdry21
join:2009-05-15
Westmount, QC

quickdry21

Introducing: Videotron Usage Checker + Emailer

Ok, so this may by for the nerdier, as I haven't made an easy-to-use/Windows version; yet! I wrote a simple little Python script that will print out your currently monthly usage, and optionally send yourself an email. I run this as a cron job to send myself an email every day.

I was inspired to do this when my girlfriend installed uTorrent on her new computer, forgot to tune down the upload settings, and saturated my 10Mbps upload for 30 days (ended up costing $60 in overage charges with ElectronicBox this July, apparently there is no cap on how much you can go over ).

Anywho, the source can be found here: »github.com/quickdry21/videotron
All it requires are the beautifulsoup4 and requests Python libraries.

If a single soul uses this, let me know!

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

Given all the recent bs surrounding torrents, why someone would still download or run a torrent client is beyond me. Get a seed box.
Downloading with torrents from home is screaming SUE ME.
eviljafar
join:2007-04-10
Montreal, QC

eviljafar to quickdry21

to quickdry21
I've been using Guspaz's CapSavvy for a while now, it's a usage tracker for many Quebec ISPs including Electronicbox »CapSavvy v4.1 released (adds support for Start's checker). It sits in the windows system tray. I like the idea of the email alert though.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to quickdry21

MVM

to quickdry21
It also does support Videotron, at least for TPIA (I don't think I tested it with a non-TPIA Videotron account, they all use the same "vlxxxxxx" format).

EDIT: Also, v4.2 is the current version, not v4.1. Link is in my sig.