how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

skurys

join:2008-06-22
h1g

Ebox voip how many channels?

Just curious if someone is on my line on the ATA if I would be able to place an outgoing call on a softphone with the same account.

BingoRingo

join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·voip.ms
To do this, you would need to register the same account with two devices (as you already mentionned, an ATA and a softphone). While it might work (in general for VOIP, not sure if Ebox blocked multiple registration) there is a strong chance that you will encounter registration issues.

You could always find a free VOIP account (Google, Freephoneline, etc.) to do those calls if someone's on the line, or ask if you can have a second account/sub-account for your softphone (outgoing only).

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21
kudos:3
there is a limit of 2 channels per did. Theorically speaking this would work but it's not meant to do that :P
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

skurys

join:2008-06-22
h1g
Thanks for the info. Not my intention to use it to have two lines really. Just to have possibility to make outgoing calls if fongo crap's out on me Using a soft phone on my tablet when I'm out and I don't register for incoming calls. just was curious on the off chance someone at home was on the line (which is rare)