dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

bohratom to Hailey

to Hailey

Re: [Billing] Moved but stayed w/ Verizon STILL charged terminat

This subject has been asked quite afew times over the last few years and the answer has always been the same. If you lock in a contract and move to an area that does not have FIOS available then you are still legally obligated to that contract. The key word is legally as afew have been able to find a good customer support rep to have the contract voided.

hdsports2
@verizon.net

hdsports2

Anon

said by bohratom:

This subject has been asked quite afew times over the last few years and the answer has always been the same. If you lock in a contract and move to an area that does not have FIOS available then you are still legally obligated to that contract. The key word is legally as afew have been able to find a good customer support rep to have the contract voided.

I went out of contract after a couple of renewals because of the possibility that I might relocate to an area without FIOS and get charged an ETF. In all cases (at least 3 or 4 times) when the subject came up with a FIOS rep, I was told the ETF would not apply if I moved to an area thqt did not offer FIOS. However, due to reading many testimonials of customers whose experience proved to the contrary, I am glad I decided not to re-up.