spc
Search similar:

uniqs

clstanley
@bellsouth.net

clstanley

Anon

[Southeast] Bonding 8 DSL Lines

I need a little help here. We are opening a new business and the only speed available is 768kbps. I was told that I could bond 8 DSL lines and reach the 6mb that we need. I know how to bond 2. But i would need a little guidance on bonding 8. Can someone please help me? Any software that can be used?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

Can't say I have ever heard of 8-pair bonding; doesn't mean it doesn't exist, though.

Bonding has to be done at both ends of the loop. Unless AT&T will do it at the DSLAM, it won't be done. Can't be done with software on your end.
public
join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA

public to clstanley

to clstanley
said by clstanley :

I was told that I could bond 8 DSL lines and reach the 6mb that we need.

Contact a reseller and ask for a metroE quote.
Try the b2b forum here.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS
said by NormanS:

Can't say I have ever heard of 8-pair bonding

I have (in the IDSL world.) It's just 8 times as much to go wrong. If one is as such a distance that ADSL will only work at less than 1mbps, putting *8* ADSL lines next to each other -- even if AT&T runs individual lines from the box, they'll be riding the same 25pair (or bigger) trunk -- is only going to make it worse.

Bonding has to be done at both ends of the loop. Unless AT&T will do it at the DSLAM, it won't be done. Can't be done with software on your end.

There are "vpn" tricks to push the bonding further up than the ISP gear; I'd recommend avoiding such things. Anyone who's dealt with AT&T (or read this forum) already knows a) AT&T isn't going to do bonding on an ADSL line, and b) absolutely will not allow ANYONE to have more than one line at a single physical address.

(Uverse "pair bonding" is not something you can order. It's something they do to get you the necessary speed for TV services. And they don't do it for ADSL2+ "IP DSLAM" lines -- at least, I've never heard of it being done.)