how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JoeWm

@cox.net

[bug] You have multiple errors!

Example
1) Numbers in "Speed Test Summary" (Flash) are missing a digit.
For example, my d/l speed is listed as 8124 Kb/s. There is a missing digit - my actual d/l speed is 81.24x Mb/s.

2) Same for u/l speed.

3) On the footer graph, the x-axis units are wrong. They are "mb", which means millibit. It should read "Mb" (actually "Mb/s") which means megabit (megabits per second).

I have a Cox 150 Mbps Internet connection.

JoeWm

@cox.net

Sorry I meant 8421...

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
Reviews:
·iiNet
reply to JoeWm

yes the flash test is labelled unfortunately. Unfortunately I'm not a flash programmer, and didn't write it.

Secondly, the test I think is saying you got a speed of 8.4mbit (actually MIBs) down and 4.7mbit (actually MIBs) up to that server, not 84.21 megabits. This could be because that is just the single threaded single download speed you get to that server, or it could be because the flash test is cpu intensive and your cpu is 100% busy during the download phase.

I'd be interested to know if that is the case, just open a cpu meter and look to see if it is pegged.

JoeWm

@cox.net

Click for full size
screen grab
Well I have been having quite a lot of fun, traversing the net for these speed meters. I am somewhat surprised by the number of them that do not work properly - like this one here.

Anyway, here's the grab while the Flash test was being run.