how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LINCSAT
Premium
join:2003-06-15
Markham, ON

[Cable] Why does a speed upgrade exceed 5 days and counting?

Just a question why is this happening, I requested speed change threw my world and I waited and waited. I called and was told it is up to 72hours ok thats fine but now we are over 5 days. Concerned my request is not being dealt with.

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1

Same thing here. On monday morning I was told 3 days and it is now the 5th day.

mmx4000

join:2010-02-16
Ottawa, ON

Still waiting myself, it might be active today. I'm guessing the delay is likely due to the extremely high number of requests they've been getting lately with large urban areas getting switched over, like Ottawa East for example.

Frank White

join:2011-10-01
reply to LINCSAT

Thanks for visiting My World. If you are changing your package there are a couple of things you need to know first.

1. For a limited time speed changes are provided at $0. Please allow 15 business days for changes to take effect.

2. If you are changing bandwidth caps but keeping your speed, please allow 5 business days for changes to take effect.

take awhile I upgraded to 45/4 took over a week then I upgraded again to 150/10 took around 10 days

dmitry_tek

join:2010-01-14
reply to LINCSAT

said by LINCSAT:

Just a question why is this happening, I requested speed change threw my world and I waited and waited. I called and was told it is up to 72hours ok thats fine but now we are over 5 days. Concerned my request is not being dealt with.

Because Rogers is as slow as molasses at the absolute zero. Mine took about a week to upgrade, so they didn't forget about your request.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

I wouldn't blame Rogers for this one at all.

dmitry_tek

said by jmck:

Then who should we blame? Teksavvy? All Teksavvy does is send request to Rogers to upgrade profile speed. They can't change it themselves.

mikee

Gloucester, ON

said by dmitry_tek:

said by jmck:

Then who should we blame? Teksavvy? All Teksavvy does is send request to Rogers to upgrade profile speed. They can't change it themselves.

Well we shouldn't get an email saying 3 days, turning out to be longer than a week isn't right. We're paying TekSavvy not rogers

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
reply to dmitry_tek

said by dmitry_tek:

said by jmck:

when other TPIAs take 48 hours, I think it becomes clear. i'm guessing TSI is still overloaded with support issues.

PlatooN

join:2007-02-13
Kitchener, ON

1 recommendation

reply to LINCSAT

wow everyone RELAX. it's not like your service is down.

In the last 2 months TSI has sent literally tens of thousands of requests to rogers for speed tier changes. They are behind, and thats just how it is. My update in KW was 15 days from order to new speeds. It will come just take a pill and relax.

dmitry_tek

reply to mikee

said by mikee:

said by dmitry_tek:

said by jmck:

Well we shouldn't get an email saying 3 days, turning out to be longer than a week isn't right. We're paying TekSavvy not rogers

When I was asked for upgrade, I was told by Teksavvy that it usually takes 72 hours but also told that with current delays it takes about a week. And it does say "Please allow 15 business days for changes to take effect.", so expect for it to take full 15 days.

said by jmck:

said by dmitry_tek:

said by jmck:

when other TPIAs take 48 hours, I think it becomes clear. i'm guessing TSI is still overloaded with support issues.

So, you are saying that Teksavvy cs was lying to me when they said that they created their ticket, but Rogers still hasn't replied to them?

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

Ottawa, ON

i don't think support lied to you, but i don't think support also sends out the requests to Rogers. it likely goes to another department at TSI (provisioning?) that pushes the requests out.

dmitry_tek

said by jmck:

i don't think support lied to you, but i don't think support also sends out the requests to Rogers. it likely goes to another department at TSI (provisioning?) that pushes the requests out.

Quote from my old thread in Teksavvy Direct.

said by TSI Taunia:

Hello,

We have not received any updates yet from Rogers regarding your change of speed. Once we receive the update that it has been done, we will contact you to advise.

Thank you for your patience,

Taunia

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
reply to LINCSAT

My speed change in the last 2 weeks took 7 business days or 9 real days. (Sunday to the 2nd Tuesday).

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

said by graniterock:

or 9 real days.

Theres fake days? WTF OMGz!

vvuk

join:2013-07-20
Toronto, ON

1 edit
reply to LINCSAT

I was going to post this same question; I'm not worried that the request isn't being dealt with (though I'm glad I followed up with them after the new modem was provisioned, because the change request never got submitted), but I'm really curious what the process actually is. From the time it takes, it feels like it's something like:

- Customer makes request from TS
- TS CSR handles request, puts speed change request in provisioning queue
..time passes..
- Provisioning queue looks at request, copies info in to a request to rogers to change speed (via.. what? email? an automated request system?)
..time passes..
- Rogers looks at incoming requests, approves request, sends to Rogers provisioning queue
..time passes..
- Rogers looks at provisioning queue, loads up account ID 12345, and changes a dropdown

Is this what it's like? Is this type of process mandated by the TPIA agreements? If I was designing this myself, TS would just have access to a "TPIA portal" of some kind with Rogers, and they'd go and change the speed in a dropdown, but I assume there's a reason why it's not like that. I'm just pretty intensely curious why that is. Seems like it would save both TS and Rogers a whole lot of time and trouble.

mikee

Gloucester, ON
reply to LINCSAT

What I find most amusing is that a lot of people who submitted a request right after it went live on the myworld are being activated after others who submitted other ways. My world seems to be the slowest for some reason even though marc said its first come first serve. I guess rogers just picks people at random when it gets on their end....

Arcturus

join:2008-04-18
London, ON
reply to vvuk

said by vvuk:

I'm just pretty intensely curious why that is. Seems like it would save both TS and Rogers a whole lot of time and trouble.

Rogers is *MORE* than willing to spend millions of dollars to make TPIA providers crash and burn.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to jmck

said by jmck:

said by dmitry_tek:

said by jmck:

other TPIAs are also taking longer than 48 hours. you may simply not be hearing about it.

when we receive the orders.. we have been processing them within 48 hours.. this week however we have doubled up on this in order to make sure we process them as quickly as possible to help offset any other delays by the incumbents.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
reply to LINCSAT

It's also worth remembering that Rogers got way behind in their own business after the storms and floods in Toronto and is running as much as 5 days to do stuff instead of 48 hours.

dmitry_tek

said by sbrook:

It's also worth remembering that Rogers got way behind in their own business after the storms and floods in Toronto and is running as much as 5 days to do stuff instead of 48 hours.

It took them 5+ days before storms and floods too. They probably just fired bunch of staff to save money.

LINCSAT
Premium
Markham, ON
reply to LINCSAT

Has anyone had there speed profile changed. I am almost at 11 days now.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

Can you please Post your Info in the Direct Forum and let me know when done so I can take a look into where your upgrade is at?

Cheers,

Andre

wooi

join:2002-03-11
reply to LINCSAT

The delay may be for to your benefits. I got the speed bump last friday (I can't prove it one way or the other but speed was faster last friday). The good news stops there. I don't have internet since saturday morning around 6am. I called teksavvy and also created a ticket on the direct forum. 3.5 days and counting .... still no internet.

This could be an isolated case -- hard to say.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to vvuk

said by vvuk:

Is this what it's like? Is this type of process mandated by the TPIA agreements? If I was designing this myself, TS would just have access to a "TPIA portal" of some kind with Rogers, and they'd go and change the speed in a dropdown, but I assume there's a reason why it's not like that. I'm just pretty intensely curious why that is. Seems like it would save both TS and Rogers a whole lot of time and trouble.

We (users) have been suggesting something like this since TSI started Cable in 2010. I'm sure they'd love something like that too, but it appears they've never pressed for this as a collective with the other TPIA ISP's. At least not publicly.
--

LINCSAT
Premium
Markham, ON
reply to LINCSAT

Still waiting and now I am being told rogers is behind because of flooded basements? Do I have to post in the private forum to get this speed change completed, I should not have to and I shouldn't have to call everyday and ask, by the time this is completed it will be half a month!!!!

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

said by LINCSAT:

by the time this is completed it will be half a month!!!!

"Please allow 15 business days for changes to take effect....."

Half a month = 15 days.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

jimbotelecom

join:2011-07-11
reply to LINCSAT

Patience is a virtue and the portal does say 15 days to make a change.

Rogers is a chaotic mess at the best of times. Lots of people in responsible positions who do not know who is who, who does what, and with some of the worst internal communications I have ever witnessed. I have chatted with a senior VP at Rogers who fully admits this.

The majority of growth revenue is coming out of the wireless unit and they are getting all of the attention right now with the Verizon threat on the horizon. Cable TV is in decline. Internet is healthy but Bell is aggressively pushing out fibe upgrades during the summer.

Personally, I'm happy that TekSavvy is looking after dealing with Rogers for me. My blood pressure is lower because of this.

Chill out and have a beer.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to LINCSAT

You shouldn't have to but as Marc explained, there are vendor delays.

If you want to post in the direct, we can certainly check for you where things are at

NytOwl

join:2012-09-27
canada
reply to jimbotelecom

said by jimbotelecom:

Patience is a virtue and the portal does say 15 days to make a change.

Rogers is a chaotic mess at the best of times. Lots of people in responsible positions who do not know who is who, who does what, and with some of the worst internal communications I have ever witnessed. I have chatted with a senior VP at Rogers who fully admits this.

The majority of growth revenue is coming out of the wireless unit and they are getting all of the attention right now with the Verizon threat on the horizon. Cable TV is in decline. Internet is healthy but Bell is aggressively pushing out fibe upgrades during the summer.

Personally, I'm happy that TekSavvy is looking after dealing with Rogers for me. My blood pressure is lower because of this.

Chill out and have a beer.

+1

I truly don't understand all the spitefulness.

People literally waited months for the ATPIA migration for their respective POI.

15 business days therefore shouldn't be so blasphemous of a wait once the request is made to be switched over.