Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Lindsey

join:2008-12-16
Gypsy, WV
reply to longgone

Re: Charleston WV Area Internet Issues Continues

best bet is to ask for the lead tech..just not any tech..as most of time they have no clue what they are doing..thats how mine got fixed..I bugged them enough they gave me the lead tech in the area and when I had Problems I phoned or emailed him not suddenlink

dhudson1984

join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV
reply to longgone
^ Apparently, he already has SDL L3Tech on it and he is in contact with the lead techs now on the issue and they're trying to find it and get it fixed.

longgone

join:2000-12-30
Culloden, WV
said by dhudson1984:

^ Apparently, he already has SDL L3Tech on it and he is in contact with the lead techs now on the issue and they're trying to find it and get it fixed.

Yes indeed, as that's mostly correct, except problems still remain, even after everything significantly important was done at the utility pole and inside the house Sunday during the third visit that is usually related to this type of local neighborhood Internet problem. The tech was personally going to work with maintenance personnel Monday morning on equipment out on the main line that he indicated ... should fix the problem. I have not been contacted since Sunday evening on anything further.

longgone

Culloden, WV

3 edits
reply to dhudson1984
said by dhudson1984:

Yes, and unfortunately it is still stands that way.

SDL L3Tech is the only person making any direct contact with me, and I am so grateful for everything that SDL is doing, as the L3 tech that was here on Sunday that did not find the problem, had given me his cell number, and indicated that he would be also phoning me... he hasn't done that, or hasn't returned any of my phone calls to his cell?

Whoa, the connection dropped out in the middle of making these comments.

The only thing that I've learned, after calling in to the West Virginia support Call Center, is that the rep saw nothing further to report on the matter, because the Sunday service call was shown as being "canceled", but SDL has recently indicated that the local technicians are still working on the problem.
Today the Internet performance has constantly ran up and down from 1/2mb to 20mb, but appears to have settled down around 20mb, but now the Upload is crawling, and the Upload has not shown as having any problem before, or anytime with this internet performance issues which began two weeks ago.

longgone

Culloden, WV
reply to longgone
Click for full size

The issues still continued here on Saturday, and like has since the end of July. I phoned into SL WV Call Center just to inquire if there was any information I could possibly obtain from anyone at any level on if any progress was being made, or hopefully learn about some tentative date in time to expect a solution that may have been determined by the reported on-going checking by the network engineers, but the representatives last report on file only indicated, that their maintenance followed-up the 3rd tech visit last Sunday, that did end without any resolution for the problems, and maintenance had gone out on Tuesday the 13th, and checked the lines and found that the signals were fine, so under those circumstances, and after a level 2 Call Center rep made every check on my modem again, and the speed checks still resulted in a very difficult crawl to reach 2Mb on this 50Mb, and just like it has been 90% of the time, so the very nice and professional sounding level 2 customer support representative insisted on yet making another work-order for a 4th tech visit set for Tuesday the 20th to get to the bottom of, what he somewhat described, as a very ridiculous length of time for these conditions to have lasted.

Well, now see what showed at this hour Sunday, but has rarely occurred at this hour on any night since the problems began.

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
A tech looked at your modem stats and said they were ok? Your downstream power is amped into oblivion. It's beyond Doc3 specs and getting close to being outside Doc2 specs. I'm actually a little surprised your modem is handling that signal. Watch that power level for awhile, if it stays way high like that, you're gonna need to get a plant tech to adjust the amp, or just add a high lose splitter or tap to the modem line. Aiming for 0 being perfect, but if you can get inside the 8/-8 range you'll be in a lot better shape on that front. That will also help get your upstream back up into the 40s.

Has your modem been dropping out lately?
--
50/3 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old

dhudson1984

Charleston, WV
reply to longgone
That's a bummer longgone. Keep after it and it'll finally get resolved by the right people or person. Like moldy said, that power level is awful high for some reason and whatever the reason for that could very well be your trouble...

longgone

Culloden, WV
reply to moldypickle
Click for full size
Click for full size
said by moldypickle:

A tech looked at your modem stats and said they were ok? Your downstream power is amped into oblivion. It's beyond Doc3 specs and getting close to being outside Doc2 specs. I'm actually a little surprised your modem is handling that signal. Watch that power level for awhile, if it stays way high like that, you're gonna need to get a plant tech to adjust the amp, or just add a high lose splitter or tap to the modem line. Aiming for 0 being perfect, but if you can get inside the 8/-8 range you'll be in a lot better shape on that front. That will also help get your upstream back up into the 40s.

Has your modem been dropping out lately?

Thank you for the reply.

Yes the L3 tech saw these very similar modem readings a half-hour before he left here Last Sunday 8-11-13, as he even accessed the password protected "advanced" Tab, and searched about in there for several minutes, then he phoned into a maintenance person to only report about seeing that flaky intermittent and drop-out of reads on the 741MHz 4th Bonded Channel, and the internet was still crawling down very badly at one MB whenever he left, The tech seemed very frustrated, after all he had tried on his Saturday and Sunday visits, that just didn't fix or even help the problems, but he wasn't nearly as frustrated like I am now over this continuing problem. Alright, that same Tech phoned me Saturday asking for confirmation about still having the problems, so he told me that he was going to get with his supervisor about the problems on Monday, also he informed me that 3 other SL customers at different residential addresses on this very small street had phoned in now reporting "no internet" and "slow speeds". Imagine that... SDL 3Tech indicated about two weeks ago it was definitely a local neighborhood problem coming from somewhere, and all that I get from the local techs and support reps is that each one can only see excellent line signals coming in here.

The replaced Modem's DS power level was reading -2 to +2 and the Upload was 46, before the Tech put in a new Modem, new dedicated internet only drop from the tap, new outside splits, and completely removed the TIVO MoCA adapter, that was installed a few months ago, and positioned in the usual place, in front of the Cable Modem for the TIVO use of the home network with their TIVO Mini installed on a TV in another room. The Tech indicated the MoCA wasn't actually needed, b/c this new TIVO model had the MoCA built-in, and he was correct on that point, as the TIVO Mini recognized the TIVO and Home networking immediately, Anyway, It seems to appear that the original old drop line, the old splits, the MoCA, and the other modem CM760A had absolutely nothing to do at all with these awful internet problems that began happening almost 3 weeks ago, as this really terrible spiking, and horrible packet loss internet problems still remains, and seems to be getting worse, and even after everything from the pole tap to inside has been replaced or switched around all the ways to the internal equipment setups, and even with the use of different computers and Operating Systems for a comparison test at this residence.

I can only hope, and even try to maintain even more patience, after all that SDL 3Tech has informed me about, as SDL was told by the locals, that the Network engineers are now on the problem.

The speed test chart is for a period from 2:05 pm Saturday 8-17 to about 1:47 am Monday 8-19, and the 50Mb has not even been half way there for days and nights at a time.

Now there is also a "noise problem" of some kind, so do you or anyone in here know what the typical sources or reasons that can cause "noise" coming in from somewhere maybe within a small local neighborhood residential street.

SDL L3Tech

join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX
kudos:28
reply to longgone
We have a dirty downstream that is causing the packet-loss and channel bonding problem. We're still working on isolating the cause of it.

SDL L3Tech

join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX
kudos:28
reply to longgone
Update: The locals were able to isolate the problem to a failing amplifier in the RF plant. My pings have been flawless to you since they replaced the AMP and the errors on that one downstream have cleared.

longgone

Culloden, WV

1 edit
reply to longgone

Re: Charleston WV Area Internet Issues Continues (Resolved)

Awesome... It is now working great!

Thanks SDL L3Tech for everything, also thanks to any of the Local Techs who located and fixed the problem.

Blazing.... fast.

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Amazing that ridiculous power levels didn't raise an eye to the techs on site, but ok. Glad you got it fixed. Reminds me when I was with CMA, they weren't allowed to replace burnt out amps except once a year, so they were forced to remove them from the furthest points of the plant to replace ones in town, lmao.

dhudson1984

Charleston, WV
reply to longgone

Re: Charleston WV Area Internet Issues Continues

Awesome longgone! It pays to just keep after it and be as patient as possible. Sometimes it takes a good amount of time to finally isolate an issue... Enjoy bud!

jdmm72

join:2002-02-12
Nitro, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to longgone
I have little faith in the "techs" that SL sends to the house, most only know to replace modem, cable, or termination. Not one time did a tech have a signal meter out. When TWC installed at my work apartment, the tech had a signal meter hooked up the whole time. I had everything at my house replaced at least twice during my issues with SL, all new cables, all new termination box outside, all new aerial to house, before SL conceded (Mostly due to pestering the crap out of Pete Abel) that the node was overloaded and broke me out on 2 modems, one DOCSIS 3.0 for I-net and the DOCSIS 2.0 MTA for telephone. Been pretty good since then.