how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jsoto

@verizon.net

1 recommendation

What's involved in replacing a node

Not sure what's involved in replacing a node but we're on a business account with TWC. Hr 33 outage - last update was they have to replace 6 nodes....

Not sure what that entails or how bad it's going to be. Last time I've seen something this bad was about 3 years ago and it was a 4-5 day outage...

harald

join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH
kudos:2
If it is the insides being replaced/updated, then it is pretty straightforward if everything works the first time. Take the bucket truck to work, open the cover, dismount, remount, configure the new card, and test/verify.

If it includes the housing, then you disconnect all the coax and fiber and reconnect, assuming that the housing configurations are the same. If not then there is coax work to be done.

Seems likely to me that there is more here than meets the eye. Six nodes likely only get replaced if some kind of upgrade is happening.

In short, it depends. Who knows?

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to jsoto
said by jsoto :

Not sure what's involved in replacing a node but we're on a business account with TWC. Hr 33 outage - last update was they have to replace 6 nodes....

Not sure what that entails or how bad it's going to be. Last time I've seen something this bad was about 3 years ago and it was a 4-5 day outage...

where are you located?

Cable Employ

join:2012-07-23
Saint Paul, MN
reply to jsoto
I replace physical nodes all the time for upgrades. I just replaced one Wednesday night/Thursday morning for a node split. I had the old one out, and the new one running in about an hour. I suggest calling back and talk to someone else. Here, unless it is an emergency, replacing a node is done overnight, so unless you are up overnight, you don't know that it was even done.

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06
reply to jsoto
6 nodes sound more like a fiber cut, and interpreted as replacing 6 nodes on the phone possibly.

Techcable

@myvzw.com
said by Jabbu:

6 nodes sound more like a fiber cut, and interpreted as replacing 6 nodes on the phone possibly.

Ur half right. Yeah sounds like a fiber cut but phone comes over same node,fiber,coax as video and data.

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06
Obviously...

Let me rephrase. I think the rep on the phone may have told the OP over the "phone" that 6 nodes are being "replaced".