uniqs
share rss forum feed

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

[TV] SHOWTIME going or GONE from BH????

Got this just now....

====================
Time Warner Cable has taken away Dexter®, Ray Donovan, Homeland and all of your other favorite SHOWTIME programming — all gone! Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks customers will miss out on new episodes of hit shows, big movies and great sports programs – all because Time Warner Cable decided to drop SHOWTIME, premium channels you chose and paid for.

We gave Time Warner Cable the opportunity to keep SHOWTIME on the air even if an agreement could not be achieved. Time Warner Cable declined this offer.

We take pride in the fact that our networks have never gone dark until now and that our subscribers have never been deprived of their programming. Time Warner Cable, on the other hand, has taken nearly 50 channels off the air in the last five years in disputes like the one we are having right now.

SO LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD:

Call Time Warner Cable now and tell them you want SHOWTIME back.
1-888-TW-CABLE

Bright House Networks customers call 1-855-222-0102
=====================

I think it is a 'scare' tactic though. Also had a LINK for more --> »www.sho.com/sho/video/full-episodes#

Seems from the above, TW and BH are somehow 'tied together'??? Gary, you keep telling us they are not connected? Are they for 'some' contracts but not others?
--
Irv Spalten

ispalten

Clermont, FL
Yup, GONE... screen says on-core or star where available as a replacement????
--
Irv Spalten

JLR

join:2001-01-28
Auburndale, FL
My BHN Guide says SHO-TMC unavailable. The whole line up says that and 2 channels
are CBS??

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148

1 edit
reply to ispalten
More information is available online at »onyourside.brighthouse.com. We will update information as it becomes available. In addition, the site is accessible on brighthouse.com.

Starz/Encore is the temporary replacement programming for Showtime/TMC. We are in the process of completing the changes now so please be patient for a bit longer.

JLR

Auburndale, FL

Why were'nt we notified about this in advance? They just
take these premium channels off just like that with no warning??? We heard about WFLA for about a month before
the expiration date!!

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

join:2001-07-12
St. Pete, FL
kudos:2
reply to BHNtechXpert
The tradeoff sucks for the Showtime HD channels proportionately. Smithsonian Channel(s) is kaput, too.

geo44

join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL
Guess cable rates will be going up , greedy CBS, cable companies
always seem to cave in. I wish they had the kahunas to tell them to go pack sand. If all the cable companies did that content providers would be more reasonable.

WinstonFl

join:2003-11-01
Deltona, FL
reply to ispalten
Just received this email:

Dear Bright House Networks Customer,

As you may be aware, at 5:00pm ET on August 2, 2013 our agreement with CBS Corporation expired and this affected Showtime and The Movie Channel. Since you are a Bright House Networks customer who subscribes to one or more of these premium channels, we want to make sure you are aware of the following:

• As a courtesy, we are offering temporary replacement programming (where available) from Starz or Encore - please check your guide for channel numbers or visit brighthouse.com to check your channel lineup.

• Customers who currently pay to subscribe to Showtime or The Movie Channel will have credits applied to their account automatically, based on how many days the programming is unavailable. Depending on your billing cycle, you may see credits on both your August and September statements.

• We expect negotiations to continue and anticipate that the channels will be returned to the lineup shortly. We also expect Showtime to return any popular programs that were missed on Showtime On Demand.

It is important for our customers to know that we carry hundreds of channels – and agreements are being negotiated and renewed all the time. Normally, these situations eventually get resolved – so we believe this is a temporary situation. Get the latest updates about the blackout and what channels are affected in your immediate area at onyourside.brighthouse.com.

Thank you for your patience, as we try to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Bright House Networks

JLR

Auburndale, FL
reply to ispalten
My guide now shows not available on ALL stations, and the upper left box is
displaying what's on at 11 pm and not what's on now. wierdo-rama!!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by JLR:

My guide now shows not available on ALL stations, and the upper left box is
displaying what's on at 11 pm and not what's on now. wierdo-rama!!

Your issue is unrelated to this thread but to answer your question we are aware and working on it.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

YoungvLondon

join:2013-08-03
Is there any chance Showtime will be back come Sunday night, or is that a bit optimistic?

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN
said by YoungvLondon:

Is there any chance Showtime will be back come Sunday night, or is that a bit optimistic?

We can hope.

JLR

Auburndale, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
thank you for letting me know your highness!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by JLR:

thank you for letting me know your highness!

LOL You're welcome and Gary will do just fine

Gail

@bhn.net
I am canceling all my BH services- as a matter of principal.

WinstonFl

join:2003-11-01
Deltona, FL
Ehh Gail, that doesn't solve anything. This stuff happens time to time. Just like last year when DirecTv was in the dispute with Viacom and they pulled like 15 channels off. These disputes usually don't last very long, and I doubt either company (TWC & Showtime) will allow this to continue for very long solely for the loss of money reasons. It is aggravating but hang in there... Going somewhere else you're destined to have the same issues sometime in the future with some channel.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Gail
said by Gail :

I am canceling all my BH services- as a matter of principal.

There is no need to switch providers. Every television provider is in the same boat, including satellite and telephone companies, when it comes time for contracts to be renewed. DirecTV, Dish Network and AT&T have had similar fights, and Verizon and other new providers will encounter the same situation as they start to renew their agreements. In fact, in 2012 alone, there were nearly 100 blackouts of local TV stations across cable, satellite and telephone company distributors, according to the American Television Viewer Alliance.

Our customers satisfaction is our ultimate goal. If you or any other customer you know is concerned, please contact us. We welcome the opportunity to talk to you. Please continue to refer to »onyourside.brighthouse.com for updated information.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

nyrfan9

join:2002-02-05
Orlando, FL

1 edit
reply to Gail
Click for full size
I'm with you, this was the last straw for me. My internet service is just horrible and I live with it because I cannot stand talking on the phone with the people at BH tech support. While DL speeds are fine for the most part my pings are most times near 70 and pages open sooo slow. Don't know what the problem is but I dislike talking with BH so much I never call it in.

Anyway it's time for a change, BH will be no more in my home very soon.

Gail

@bhn.net
This latest Showtime/CBS debacle is the final straw for me. BH did not have to cancel Showtime during contract negotiations.
The service is not reliable; Internet signal drops frequently, which takes out the phone of course. We have macro blocking on all channels. I've had service out at least 15 times over the years, to no avail.

Time for a change....

ispalten

Clermont, FL
reply to ispalten
Interesting 'development'? DirecTV is supporting TWC in its decision to drop CBS owned stations. Appeared in today's Orlando Sentinel.
--
Irv Spalten

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Gail
said by Gail :

This latest Showtime/CBS debacle is the final straw for me. BH did not have to cancel Showtime during contract negotiations.
The service is not reliable; Internet signal drops frequently, which takes out the phone of course. We have macro blocking on all channels. I've had service out at least 15 times over the years, to no avail.

Time for a change....

You managed to come here to complain about the CBS issue without all the facts no less and yet you have never used the services available to you through me to get it fixed...very odd indeed.
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to nyrfan9
said by nyrfan9:

I'm with you, this was the last straw for me. My internet service is just horrible and I live with it because I cannot stand talking on the phone with the people at BH tech support. While DL speeds are fine for the most part my pings are most times near 70 and pages open sooo slow. Don't know what the problem is but I dislike talking with BH so much I never call it in.

Anyway it's time for a change, BH will be no more in my home very soon.

That isn't a service issue,...that's an issue with YOUR Windows configuration and I can prove it How about reaching out to me in our direct forums and I'll demonstrate for you. Include your modem MAC as well.
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
reply to ispalten
said by ispalten:

Interesting 'development'? DirecTV is supporting TWC in its decision to drop CBS owned stations. Appeared in today's Orlando Sentinel.

Yes Irv there comes a point where enough is enough and yes even those who are normally fierce competitors will stand together to make a point.
--

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN
reply to nyrfan9
said by nyrfan9:

My internet service is just horrible and I live with it because I cannot stand talking on the phone with the people at BH tech support.

Can't just expect it to fix itself...

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
said by GeNomer:

said by nyrfan9:

My internet service is just horrible and I live with it because I cannot stand talking on the phone with the people at BH tech support.

No and folks have a great resource in me to get things fixed as quickly as humanly possible if they hate calling in but rather than use it choose to pick these moments to hit n run complain as though nobody will help them when it is they who made the decision not to to use the resources available to them. It is not that we failed or refused to help. I've always been baffled by that mindset especially knowing how much time I invest in each and every one of you who reaches out to me.

Case in point
»lightning causing corrupt downloads this customer posted and notice his frustration in getting it resolved. This is literally a one in a million issue where the right conditions have to exist all in perfect alignment. Folks on the phone will go a lifetime and never see it and before you troubleshoot it several things have to be checked before you apply the fix...this is not easily trained on but once identified is fixed in less than 3 minutes. His issue is fixed because he reached out to me in less than 15 minutes start to finish.

--

nyrfan9

join:2002-02-05
Orlando, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Posted, thanks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by nyrfan9:

Posted, thanks

Got it and thank you...

messy88

@bhn.net
At least it wasn't AMC that was taken off. If it had been I would have cancelled my TV service within minutes and had a different provider out ASAP before Breaking Bad.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by messy88 :

At least it wasn't AMC that was taken off. If it had been I would have cancelled my TV service within minutes and had a different provider out ASAP before Breaking Bad.

And in a few months whenever their contract was up you would have faced the same thing again...unfortunately it happens to everyone....we are not special in that regard.
--

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Port Orange, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to GeNomer
said by GeNomer:

said by nyrfan9:

lol, you get +1 internets for this answer They could have had their service fixed a thousand times over, but no.. I'll come to a forum and complain.