spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

Update?

Turning the STB on today to watch TV and got a message from the top right window that the box is updating. We had an IMG update in VH05 a week ago I think, what would it be this time? Guide maybe?

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

I had a STB reboot Friday AM after I tuned it off and our DVR rebooted on it's own around 3am.

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

I had one as well. Haven't noticed any difference as of yet

danman48

join:2007-10-11
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to bluepoint

I had this happen on my boxes by going to Messages and trying to read the new message. I'm in VHO3. Now my DVRs can't see recordings off of each other (I have two). Do basically it looks like Home Media DVR is broken now. I'm run the MR DVR fix from the menu. I'm getting on the phone with FIOS now.

THoff

join:2004-01-15
Santa Monica, CA
reply to bluepoint

My MR DVR crashed and spontaneously rebooted two days ago as soon as I tried to access my recordings. I'm VH03.

bluepoint

reply to bluepoint

@sbernstein5 Same here no visible changes except for two. When using the remote, the TV in the upper left shows if the remote is lowbat if that's even new. And the second one, is the guide, it seems it has changed a little bit but not much. Referring to this thread »Guide Data Changes? where charliewatts See Profile said, MSG2 HD is showing "sign off" in the guide is my confirmation that the new guide was installed.

@danman48 Try to reboot the router?

danman48

join:2007-10-11
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to bluepoint

Yah. I tried that. We did the full reboot. VZ is going to roll a truck. I think last time I had a problem similar to this the splitter had gone bad. They'll have someone out here tomorrow.

bluepoint

That's first class service sending someone on a Sunday. Good luck!

germ

join:2006-09-30
Long Beach, CA
reply to bluepoint

What is up with all these updates. How about Verizon fix the laggy UI in one of these updates.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

said by germ:

What is up with all these updates. How about Verizon fix the laggy UI in one of these updates.

I have 4 boxes and the only box that always has a laggy UI is the free QIP2500 they gave me for SD. No doubt the processor is the culprit but can't complain when its free plus its on a TV that is not used often...

germ

join:2006-09-30
Long Beach, CA

said by bohratom:

said by germ:

I have 4 boxes and the only box that always has a laggy UI is the free QIP2500 they gave me for SD. No doubt the processor is the culprit but can't complain when its free plus its on a TV that is not used often...

Mine is a QIP6416-2 DVR. Once the free one year promotion for this DVR runs out I'm replacing it with a CableCard tuner.

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

said by germ:

Mine is a QIP6416-2 DVR. Once the free one year promotion for this DVR runs out I'm replacing it with a CableCard tuner.

Yep, thats one of the older boxes like my QIP2500 which just don't have the horsepower for the newer firmware.

icemannyr1

reply to bluepoint

I noticed a change. The latest update has added and turned on the sleep timer by default on the STBs.
Checking Settings, Set-Top Box Menu The QIP7100 & QIP7232-P2 have the sleep timer. The QIP7100-P2 does not.

basit

join:2003-11-25
Portsmouth, VA
reply to bluepoint

I wish they would fix the guide, so that if I choose subscribed channels or favorites it would stay that way, 90% of the time the guide reverts back to "all channels".

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by basit:

I wish they would fix the guide, so that if I choose subscribed channels or favorites it would stay that way, 90% of the time the guide reverts back to "all channels".

Not for me. Go to the STB Menu >> Settings >> Television >> Last Viewed Guide State >> Enable. I think this is what you're looking for to keep the guide on Favorites versus All. Mine always shows Favorites with this setting.

basit

join:2003-11-25
Portsmouth, VA

Thanks, that did it!

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
reply to PJL

said by PJL:

Not for me. Go to the STB Menu >> Settings >> Television >> Last Viewed Guide State >> Enable.

Thats one of those settings that you scratch your head and ask yourself, why do we even have this setting. I bet they would get alot fewer calls to support if the setting was removed or at least make it default to "enabled"...

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA
reply to bluepoint

Not sure if this post belongs in this thread but...

I just noticed that they mucked with how the "Cell Phone" keypad selection works in searches - this has been the case since the last update (which also fiddled w/ the sleep timer business).

It used to be (pre-update) that when you entered a search string, using the cell phone keypad mode, that if you waited a couple seconds after entering a character on the remote keypad the key would revert back to the sequential entry mode and move the cursor on to the next character position. e.g. If you wanted to enter the word "speed" you'd hit "PQRS" four times, wait a few seconds and then hit it once to get "sp". Then to get the "eed" characters, you'd hit "DEF" twice, wait, hit it twice again to get the duplet "ee", wait and then enter the "d". Just like you would when texting on a cell phone keypad.

Now, once you've entered a character for a specific key, you have to arrow off the key on the screen to move to the next character position and reset the keypad to not continue cycling through the characters at one keypad and character location. Makes it clumsy when you get to a character string that uses the same key for consecutive characters, like "speed".

Another "improvement"! Who the hell spends their time messing with this stuff???
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

jimboe

join:2000-08-14
New York

agreed.

totally sux

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to Rattler

said by Rattler:

Another "improvement"! Who the hell spends their time messing with this stuff???

And why?
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

icemannyr1

The QIP7100 that did not have the Sleep Timer just got an update and reboot that added it.