join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

UltraTV HomeConnect Help

Need a little help with HomeConnect.

I have a laptop that stays on 24/7 which I use solely for torrent downloads and movie storage. It's win 7 ultimate. Has Windows Media Center installed.

I have a folder in it with all my movies. I have that folder shared with everyone on my network. I ran Windows Media Center and added all of the videos in that folder to the playlist.

UltraTV HomeConnect doesn't see that folder. It sees my laptop. When I connect, it says "Error" then a bunch of code. Doesn't say exactly what the error is. I do not have a software firewall installed. Windows Firewall is off for home and work, on for public.

I never fully understood how it works. I somehow got it to work on my main desktop computer and only if I place the folder of movies on my desktop. That is win 7 ultimate also.

Can someone give me a rundown step by step on how to add a folder so HomeConnect will see this folder? Using Windows Media Center on Win 7.
Body Count

Body Count

I got it to work. Reboot of the laptop computer fixed it. It finally saw the media server and shows all my files.

This shouldn't be this hard to do but it is

ErcDaMerc
@wideopenwest.com

ErcDaMerc to Body Count

Anon

to Body Count
please post if you figure this out; I'm having the same problem...
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

Open Windows Media Player (not Center). Top menu there should be a "Stream" pulldown. Checkmark the third one down.. Automatically allow devices to play...

Then you need to have Media Player see all your content. Not sure how I did this because I was trying different things but somehow I got it to see everything.

Then finally UltraTV saw it and loaded up my files. I can't fast forward or reverse though which sucks.

ErcDaMerc
@wideopenwest.com

ErcDaMerc

Anon

Thanks - I missed the streaming part... works now!
lesmikesell
join:2013-06-10
Mount Prospect, IL

lesmikesell to Body Count

to Body Count
said by Body Count:

Then finally UltraTV saw it and loaded up my files. I can't fast forward or reverse though which sucks.

You should get a few-second forward jump with the skip button and about 10 minutes with the next button. But yes, that sucks compared to most media players where fast forward and reverse work with DLNA.