RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

Am I BHN or TWC????

Okay I'm totally confused. Lately I watched one of my shows on the internet and/or my ipad (thru CBS actually). Now all of a sudden it says that for Time Warner Cable customers, content is not available.

I'm sorry, am I not on Brighthouse?
--
| map your city |

WinstonFl

join:2003-11-01
Deltona, FL

In simple terms from what I know, Time Warner still does most of the negotiations for Bright House Networks. So when a dispute comes up like this with Time Warner it will affect us on Bright House since they still make the deals.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147
reply to pcdebb

We are Bright House Networks however there are some things where buying power has it's benefits and we work with our partner TWC. Programming is one those situations.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL
reply to pcdebb

what a crock. I still get CBS on TV apparently, but anything on the internet is a no-go. This is just stupid.
--
| map your city |

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by pcdebb:

what a crock. I still get CBS on TV apparently, but anything on the internet is a no-go. This is just stupid.

The local CBS station is not affiliated with CBS Media. I know it gets confusing...sorry Deb for makin your head spin.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

messy88

@bhn.net
reply to pcdebb

Now I know why that whole cable modem fee happened despite reading multiple times on DSL reports that bright house is a separate entity that has control over things.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by messy88 :

Now I know why that whole cable modem fee happened despite reading multiple times on DSL reports that bright house is a separate entity that has control over things.

No that had nothing to do with it....nothing at all. Aside from certain things like programming and sharing the Roadrunner network we are two entirely different companies. There are lots of things that TWC does we don't and won't do.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to pcdebb

my mother is pissed. she couldnt get Showtime lastnite. They watch boxing events alot on there. Can I assume since Showtime has been taken away there will not be anymore billing for it going forward? She's already looking to cancel if this keeps up.
--
| map your city |

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to pcdebb

There is no need to switch providers. Every television provider is in the same boat, including satellite and telephone companies, when it comes time for contracts to be renewed. DirecTV, Dish Network and AT&T have had similar fights, and Verizon and other new providers will encounter the same situation as they start to renew their agreements.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

so Showtime wont be shown on any provider then? Everything being cancelled but still paying so much is stupid. It's enough to just cancel and stream everything
--
| map your city |

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by pcdebb:

so Showtime wont be shown on any provider then? Everything being cancelled but still paying so much is stupid. It's enough to just cancel and stream everything

What part of my response said that?
--

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN
reply to pcdebb

said by pcdebb:

I think what BHNtechXpert was trying to say is that all providers will go through this stuff at some point. I think it is just Brighthouse and Time Warner right now though.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to pcdebb

From my understanding, most of what is now Brighthouse used to be Time Warner after TW spun off some of their systems during the AOL days, either afterward or as a condition of the merger. Time Warner and Brighthouse are very closely tied together and might as well be the same company in many regards looking at it from a consumers point of view. TWC handles content negotiations on BHNs behalf, the internet portion of the service and the speed tiers were nearly identical until DOCSIS 3, both companies invested heavily into SDV technology, the two companies use the exact same hardware for set top boxes and cable modems, the STBs all run the same Navigator software, the smartphone and tablet apps are just rebranded versions of each other, the BHN Easy Gadget PC app and the TWC VoiceZone PC apps are the same thing.

The branding of services has been similar of the years, basically whatever happens on Time Warner eventually happens on Brighthouse. Being a customer of Time Warner, the only differences I see between the two are Brighthouse House doesn’t have as much regional fragmentation between different divisions as TWC does, perhaps because BHN is much smaller, BHNs top internet speed now spanks TWs top tier and Brighthouse has a few niche HD channels that have yet to make their way onto any TW system.

So those are just a few similarities between the two services, I’m sure there are many more, amd I’m sure there are many differences, but it appears Time Warner has a lot of influence on BHN. So what are some of the key big differences?
--
4/17/13 - A Beautiful Day For Freedom, Thank You United States Senate!
Message to Anti-Gun Liberals: HA HA!
Hussein Obama 0, American Public 1
Repeal Obamacare Now!

GeNomer

Indianapolis, IN

said by Steve Mehs:

So what are some of the key big differences?

Well, Time Warner doesn't have BHNtechXpert Gary, lol.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Steve Mehs

but i still dont understand why everything says TIME WARNER is going thru this,but me as a BRIGHT HOUSE customer is having channels taken away. Pardon me for being a bit irritated or missing the point. Gary you know what my bill looks like, and I go thru this...for what?

So some things thru my box are a part of time warner, and somethings thru my internet service viewing is thru time warner that is affected? I can't view CBS on my computer and/or ipad, mom can't watch showtime at all. and when she gets pissed, that's not a good thing. calming her down is an effort all on its own
--
| map your city |

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to Steve Mehs

said by Steve Mehs:

From my understanding, most of what is now Brighthouse used to be Time Warner after TW spun off some of their systems during the AOL days, either afterward or as a condition of the merger. Time Warner and Brighthouse are very closely tied together and might as well be the same company in many regards looking at it from a consumers point of view. TWC handles content negotiations on BHNs behalf, the internet portion of the service and the speed tiers were nearly identical until DOCSIS 3, both companies invested heavily into SDV technology, the two companies use the exact same hardware for set top boxes and cable modems, the STBs all run the same Navigator software, the smartphone and tablet apps are just rebranded versions of each other, the BHN Easy Gadget PC app and the TWC VoiceZone PC apps are the same thing.

The branding of services has been similar of the years, basically whatever happens on Time Warner eventually happens on Brighthouse. Being a customer of Time Warner, the only differences I see between the two are Brighthouse House doesn’t have as much regional fragmentation between different divisions as TWC does, perhaps because BHN is much smaller, BHNs top internet speed now spanks TWs top tier and Brighthouse has a few niche HD channels that have yet to make their way onto any TW system.

So those are just a few similarities between the two services, I’m sure there are many more, amd I’m sure there are many differences, but it appears Time Warner has a lot of influence on BHN. So what are some of the key big differences?

But yet TWC Dallas has Pivot HD which neither any other TWC system or Bright House system has :P

I am actually shocked that we got that channel as I didn't think it would launch.

Also TWC Dallas got Sportsman Channel HD about a year after the Bright House systems.

Oh and TWC's top tier in Kansas City has about 120Mbps/6Mbps provisioning on Ultimate beating Bright House's 90Mbps/10Mbps tier.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Steve Mehs

said by Steve Mehs:

From my understanding, most of what is now Brighthouse used to be Time Warner after TW spun off some of their systems during the AOL days, either afterward or as a condition of the merger.

Incorrect....

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16

Then what is the correct history of the BHN/TWC relationship?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Steve Mehs:

Honestly Steve I don't have time for this right now but if you want to get into a proper discussion about it a later time thats fine. For more information on the correct history of our company check out our wiki page in the meantime.
--

GeNomer

Indianapolis, IN
reply to pcdebb

Well, the message should probably say Time Warner and Bright House. I guess TW and BH negotiate contracts together and they have not reached a deal with CBS. They are separate companies, it's just that this is happening to both at the same time since they negotiate together for this stuff.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by GeNomer:

Well, the message should probably say Time Warner and Bright House. I guess TW and BH negotiate contracts together and they have not reached a deal with CBS. They are separate companies, it's just that this is happening to both at the same time since they negotiate together for this stuff.

Very good I have taught you well
--

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
reply to Steve Mehs

That that bright house has start over which is a timer warner exclusive!

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to BHNtechXpert

The wiki page says bright houses systems where owned by time warner entertainment which was time warner cable until it was spin off in 2009. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_House_Networks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to GeNomer

said by GeNomer:

said by Steve Mehs:

So what are some of the key big differences?

Well, Time Warner doesn't have BHNtechXpert Gary, lol.

Awww shucks....I'm blushing.....but ya do have a point
--

bighorn1

join:2004-06-19
Bakersfield, CA
reply to Steve Mehs

said by Steve Mehs:

BH is spin-off of TW/Advance partnership. Somewhere around 2002/2003 they renegotiated partnership and BH got to be more independent in how it manages the company.

But the rest is spot on. TWC and BH are still intertwined in many areas.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by bighorn1:

said by Steve Mehs:

BH is spin-off of TW/Advance partnership. Somewhere around 2002/2003 they renegotiated partnership and BH got to be more independent in how it manages the company.

But the rest is spot on. TWC and BH are still intertwined in many areas.

For programming and backbone (meaning off network transit) we share the RR network. That is it however...the benefit to you is a robust off-net network and diverse programming options along with lower costs overall. Otherwise we are two entirely different companies with different management teams and styles. TWC is public...we are private. Stop mxing the two...we will not always do as TWC does and likewise. Consider them a programming partner and nothing more.
--

Swindle
Shattered Dreams

join:2006-07-24
Tampa, FL
reply to pcdebb

Been a customer since the days of Paragon Cable.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Swindle:

That is indeed a long time ago...

Art Deco

join:2011-04-27

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Swindle:

I still remember the day Vision Cable hooked my family up back in 1981 in Clearwater (the day Pope John Paul was shot, of all days). It was a long-awaited day as we had moved to Florida in 1976 and went 5 years without cable.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Art Deco:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Swindle:

I still remember the day Vision Cable hooked my family up back in 1981 in Clearwater (the day Pope John Paul was shot, of all days). It was a long-awaited day as we had moved to Florida in 1976 and went 5 years without cable.

Back in the day when almost everything was still paper based.
--