uniqs
share rss forum feed

KahunaNui

join:2000-05-01
Fayetteville, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

SSL Cert Problem - Webmail Server

This has to do with cox webmail server. I'm sorry if it isn't the correct forum for this inquiry.
Please move if necessary.

If I access idm.east.cox.net using ssl (https) with FF or Opera there is no problem.
However, Chromium lists it as untrusted and if I proceed, the UI is all messed up.

I'm thinking I need to export the CA from FF (or Opera?) and then import into chromium
but how do I know which one to export? Also, there are so many options when exporting.
Is there a way to simply DL the CA from cox and then import?

I'm far from the brightest light in the sky when it comes to dealing with certificates, but why would this happen?
Doesn't FF simply use whats included\available within the OS? The 'culprit' system is Win2003 Server.
This doesn't happen in XP Pro. FF, Opera & Chromium are fine accessing that link using XP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

So let me see if I have this correct: Your having a problem viewing idm.east.cox.net because of a certficate error running Chromium inside Win2003 Server? First some background; Why are you running Win2003 server, why are you using Chromium, and how is the UI "messed up".

Info is a little short, but I found this

»code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/···nagement

"NOTE: SSL client authentication with personal certificates does not work completely in Linux, see issue 16830 and issue 25241."

Looks like you need to use command line, not pretty. Getting the Certificate is easy, just go to the site using Firefox, click on the little pad lock to the left of the address in the address bar > more information > View Certificate > Details Tab > Export > Save to desktop. Getting it into Chromium..alot harder. See the link but looks like the command is

certutil -d sql:$HOME/.pki/nssdb -A -t -n -i

Basically though, this isn't a Cox issue. Its a issue with your browser. Do you use it for testing sites? Are you running a web server?