how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to TBBroadband

Re: Goodbye and thanks for all the bits

Having a FTTH network in the middle of nowhere means nothing when 99.999999% of their customer base is still on the incumbent carriers.

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto, ON
reply to Wild Willie

(topic move) Goodbye and thanks for all the bits

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 6 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »(post #28525909 no longer exists)

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto, ON
reply to 34764170
Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 4 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »(post #28526331 no longer exists)

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to scottan

Be glad you don't live in NZ. My friend moved from Auckland to Dairy Flat months age and is still waiting for some type of Internet service. The ISP said it could be a year or longer. It's really odd as the previous owners had Internet.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

cssoz

join:2013-07-24
canada
reply to scottan
said by scottan:

I've been with TS for over 2 years

Even the TS direct support gives me the same crap. Am I the only one who expects an ISP in 2013 to respond better than this? Changing ISPs is such a pain but I can't keep paying for this "service".

I just want to say that i been with TK for 2 years+ more too. Rogers + Bell each OWN Cable and telephone lines for decades more. They can turn off all services if they want to and mess us over. They are having delays towards TK is on purpose, so customers like you and I would leave and go back to them.

SookieMoore

@rogers.com
Agreed about the game playing. I was with TS for years. Moved and gave them 3 weeks notice to my move day with hook up was set for move date. What a nightmare. Rogers never ever showed. I would have to do all the follow up with TS and didn't even get calls on when they re-booked the next attempt. Luckily I called. Took lots of time off work. They re-booked - nada. No internet for well over a month. I had no choice but to go with Rogers to skip the middle man. In a flash, Rogers was there and I got everything wonderfully working and no hiccups. Not happy, but when you need a service, you sometimes have to give into the bast*rds. I'm still with them 'cause now I see all the crazy start up costs and buying 'their' modum costs and fearing a repeat of the crap of being with the middleman.

ommand

join:2013-07-19
canada
reply to MJB
said by MJB:

what is stupid is not even making an effort to lay a fiber network... not even starting... you don't need 100000000 dollars to start and you couldn't lay all that fiber in a day... ****!!!

Except that any city worth laying fiber in has exclusive long term contracts with the likes of Bell and Rogers. They have legal monopolies and the only way around it is line sharing.

Sadsavvy

@teksavvy.com
reply to scottan
Sad but true... The only thing teksavvy offers is good intentions and a lowerprice

And you get to feel better because you think you dont support bhell or robbers. But in reality you still pay them, and wait ridiculous amounts of time for the simplest fixes. All they do is bill you and act as an intermediary.., fwd email is all they do. Sad but true.

I dont think teksavvy are the only ones to blame. But i really think they could do better.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

1 recommendation

TekSavvy are providing you with the paths to the internet, and email services.
Their paths to the net have been far more reliable than Rogers. .. Rogers DNS were often crazy slow, and other times didn't resolve addresses.

Generally, as long as you dont have problems with your connection, they are a definite step up from the incumbents.

While it is true that we still end up paying Rogers or Bell etc via Teksavvy, they only get a portion of it. .. not the whole overpriced ball of wax.

scottan

join:2007-08-04
reply to scottan
TS might not be responsible for the unreasonable delays in getting a simple modem swap done. Yes, simple, here's the info, input it.

TS IS responsible for not being up front with their loyal paying customer. If there is no escalation process (I find that really hard to believe) then tell me at the outset it will be at least 5 days for modem swap then wait at least another 5 days for speed increase. Don't pretend that an expedite is what happens after the normal initial wait time. I did 8 years of tech support escalations for a major US ISP, I know customers can get fast-tracked by asking. I know TS isn't major, but no escalation process? Under other circumstances I go with the normal process, but this this couldn't wait.

I don't want to leave TS, I hope that's apparent. I just can't be screwed over and keep paying, it's not in my nature. F**k Rogers and Bell but, like the man said, if it's the only way to get something done then there you go. I haven't picked another ISP yet but I'll keep looking for now.

Oh, and to the question about my reason for needing more upload: lol

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
Sorry Scott.. There is no escalation process. Especially not with Rogers. Especially right now

I'll double check to make sure we've got somebody doing what we can for you though.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

scottan

Thanks Marc.

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
Hi Scottan,

Can you PM me your account information and I'll make sure everything is on track. Very sorry for that long delay.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan
--
E-Services Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

oceros

join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to scottan
8 years of escalations for a major ISP compared to escalations as a third party to a major ISP is apples to oranges.

July was a complete shitstorm of issues that all the incumbents obviously did not (and could not) have the manpower for. It probably would have been slow enough with just a busy season for moves/new installs. But all the weather related equipment issues on top of that..

It sucks but you are expecting instant service under extraordinarily slow circumstances. I imagine rogers may have been slightly faster, but I bet only slightly.

There are pros and cons to third party, and incumbent. I'm stuck on a contract for another 11 months with rogers. I had 5.. FIVE.. rogers techs to my home inside the first 2 months of service. 1 to install, 2nd to fix the bad install, 3rd to run the cancellation order from the previous homeowner, 4th to hook my service back up, 5th to replace the awful "free" pvr I got in the promo. Then there is the rogersonlyknows how many hours of time logged on my cell phone dealing with rogers billing screwups. When I have to call back to fix the screwup to the original fix of the other screwup, I get a little fed up.

I'll take some delays that rogers builds into system that teksavvy can't help. I'll take them with a smile on my face, if it means never having to speak to a rogers employee again.

NytOwl

join:2012-09-27
canada
reply to scottan
said by scottan:

Oh, and to the question about my reason for needing more upload: lol

Laugh all you want, but I didn't question your reason for needing more upload. Everyone wants more upload!

I questioned your reason for seemingly needing it so urgently that you had to be so demanding and unreasonably expect to get it the very moment you asked for it. Legitimate question.
Expand your moderator at work

scottan

reply to NytOwl

Are you here to contribute, or to teach me a lesson. You don't get my reason for needing the upload because there's no point, you'll take whatever I give you and let me know "that's not good enough for ME". Go ahead, ask me how I know that.

BTW, for anyone else interested, thankfully TSI Jonathan is doing what he can to help.

NytOwl

join:2012-09-27
canada
said by scottan:

Are you here to contribute, or to teach me a lesson. You don't get my reason for needing the upload because there's no point, you'll take whatever I give you and let me know "that's not good enough for ME". Go ahead, ask me how I know that.

I am contributing. You posted your rant in a public forum, thus inherently opening yourself to questions, disagreements and ridicule for your abhorrent behavior with TSI staff. If that wasn't something you wanted, you should've posted in the direct forum, in private.

It's your prerogative if you want to keep your reasons to yourself, but that doesn't take away from your arrogant behavior. In fact, you're just further proving my point. Thank you for that.

dra6o0n

join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·ITalkBB
reply to TBBroadband
said by TBBroadband:

Except in the USA, the FCC does not govern the Internet

But the corporations do.

Etobicoke, ON
No wonder the situation sucks so bad.

scottan

reply to scottan
TSI Jonathan did what he could to push with Rogers. The new modem and new speed are both now working. Thanks guys.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
that's great to hear scottan. glad it worked out
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to dra6o0n
Not as much as the people/DSLR claim. The Network carriers will work with ANYONE wishing to do business with them; including as a wholesale/resell service on the cable side.

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to scottan
lol that "48 hours" line is bullshit. Ive had a ticket waiting for a response from rogers via teksavvy for a week now, roger's doesn't give two fraks.

part of me is tempted to switch back and just get the 45/4 package +30 extra dollars a month for unlimited.. i know ill be paying 100 dollars a month but at least I'll get support.... It's a very sad situation lately..

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
reply to TSI Jonathan

Re: Goodbye and thaks for all the bits

said by TSI Jonathan :

Since the floods and the bad storms, they had all efforts put into that + our many requests for speeds changes that we are receiving as we switch to aggregated on top of all the day-to-day requests that we send them

What's Videotron's problem? Did Quebec get flooded too? 2 to 3 weeks is BS.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to scottan
said by scottan:

So your people are lying to me AND it takes 5 days to do anything. /fp

I don't think they lied, because the normal ROGERS turn around was 48 hours... but it seems ROGERS has changed this to 5 days now. The CRTC needs to set rules to ensure ROGERS and TPIA customers are treated the same, equal, and fairly.

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
reply to bbbc
Here's one of the reasons it's that far behind now -> »www.torontosun.com/2012/07/01/ju···n-quebec

Old article but it's true, born and raised in Quebec myself, I know all about the National Moving Day.

We've had some delays with them before but the delays always hit a bigger speed bump once Canada Day comes around. They were even delayed for their own customers couple weeks back (I'm not even sure if it's still ongoing for them). We've been informed that they are working at bettering themselves. In the meantime we keep doing our best to keep our customers aware and happy.
--
E-Services Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

SLAMtech

join:2009-12-03
kudos:1
reply to scottan

The national moving week in quebec is ridiculously busy. The past few years bell would send a ton of techs there from Ontario to cover the load. Its unlimited overtime and decent per diems. Videotron doesnt have that luxury and to hire lots of technicians just for that little time period that its super busy wouldnt be right as there wouldnt be enough work for all them for the rest of the year.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to Optional
said by Optional:

part of me is tempted to switch back and just get the 45/4 package +30 extra dollars a month for unlimited.. i know ill be paying 100 dollars a month but at least I'll get support.... It's a very sad situation lately..

and you're rewarding their bad behavior.