uniqs
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991 to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan

Re: Internet connection dropping

Dan,

It looks like you did something simple--no doubt something that anyone in network operations would understand and could do themselves.

Question: what do we say to first line customer service to get something like this addressed? What key words or magic beans or whatever get them to understand the issue AND the path to resolving it?

We hate to keep bugging you, Dan--and more importantly, we hate to depend on you because (a) it's not your job, and (b) we'd be lost if you hit the lottery and moved on.
carlock12
join:2013-07-30

carlock12

I agree Adam. Dan, your service most certainly doesn't go unnoticed, and we are very fortunate to have you on these forums.

Yeah I spent 25 minutes on the phone where the customer service rep simply refreshed the gateway - after I told her I tried that about a week and a half ago haha

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to adam1991

Premium Member

to adam1991
said by adam1991:

Dan,

It looks like you did something simple--no doubt something that anyone in network operations would understand and could do themselves.

Question: what do we say to first line customer service to get something like this addressed? What key words or magic beans or whatever get them to understand the issue AND the path to resolving it?

We hate to keep bugging you, Dan--and more importantly, we hate to depend on you because (a) it's not your job, and (b) we'd be lost if you hit the lottery and moved on.

When talking with customer service, there is a tier 3 support department to escalate to, should you need high level assistance. If you ask for a tier 3 representative, you may have some wait time to get through to one, but they have additional resources and might be able to help on more technical issues.