spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

justasomeone

join:2009-06-21

[Cable] Need help fixing my torrent speed :(

Hey guys.. I'm at a lost on how to fix this, was wondering if I could get some advice from you guys

I'm currently on the 18/0.5 package, using a DCM 476 modem with a ASUS RT-N66u router.

When downloading from direct download (used OpenOffice as an example 137 Megs), I always get max speed: »i.imgur.com/vHNRVlL.jpg -- 2MB constantly throughout the download

But once I use torrents, my speed doesn't want to go over 1MB.

Here's an example: »i.imgur.com/qTPjfii.jpg

After 7 mins and 500 megs, my average download speed is stuck at 1.0/1.1MB. I can see it going up to 1.3MB during the download process, but it always goes back down to 1.0M.

I tried this with many different torrents, even OpenOffice p2p, tried different computers, different versions of the program, it all gives the same results.

I just got my DCM476 replacing my old SB5101N. When I had the DOC 2 modem, I always hit 2.0MB in torrents. So I'm starting to think it has to do something with the modem.

Anyone experienced this issue before or know a way on how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Xuhum
Premium
join:2007-10-05
Canada
Try making sure Enable bandwidth management [uTP] is unchecked/disabled.
Check Upload speed limit must be >10kb/s.
I also found uTorrent 2.2.1 works great for me.
and I see your connected to 150 seeds which might actually lower the speed since it's saturating your upload, perhaps lower the max connected peers per torrent.

give this torrent a try, »releases.ubuntu.com/raring/ubunt···.torrent I get my max 3MB/s from it easily.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
You only download from seeds , not upload. Peers are the ones you upload to while downloading to, or just upload to while seeding a torrent.

But likewise, I have not upgraded from version 2.2.1 either and will never unless trackers ban that version (like most did to 1.6).

justasomeone

join:2009-06-21
reply to Xuhum
Wow. Thank you so much. I did exactly what you said now I'm hitting 2.2MB download on that link you posted.

Thanks!!

Xuhum
Premium
join:2007-10-05
Canada
reply to TypeS
said by TypeS:

You only download from seeds , not upload. Peers are the ones you upload to while downloading to, or just upload to while seeding a torrent.

But likewise, I have not upgraded from version 2.2.1 either and will never unless trackers ban that version (like most did to 1.6).

I was talking about the upload transport overhead, it would be greater with more connections (seeds or peers).
too bad 2.2.1 doesn't have the stream feature