how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tony3838

join:2007-12-29
Ambler, PA

Can someone hook up my cable boxes?

I have just recently leased a condo in a high rise in Ocean City New Jersey. The previous owner had two cable outlets and service in both rooms. Now the previous owner shut off service Tuesday, and my new service was to be installed Friday. The first installer had an HD cable box that did not work. He then put in a junky looking large silver cable box, telling me that he did not have any others on his truck. It looked horrible but it worked. He then installed 2 DC1105 boxes. One in each bedroom. When they did not immediately work, he told me that the boxes needed to update, and they would work in about one hour. If they did not work , he gave me his number to call.
Well, they did not work. I called him three different times and left messages. He never called me back. Frustrated, I called the Comcast number that was on my TV screen. When they could not help me, they sent a technician out the next day (Saturday). When the tech arrived, (in bad humor because of a problem at a previous stop) he proceeded to tell me that that I had no signal going to these boxes. Now keep in mind, the previous owner had just returned 2 cable boxes on Tuesday that were working. The first installer never told me that there wasn't a signal at these boxes. The living room and master bedroom worked Tuesday. Only the living room worked today. The only way it would work was to run a cable across my living room floor to the outlet in the guest room. Then the boxes would work. That was his only solution. I now have cable wire going across my floors to get these 2 rooms to work. He did not seem interested in doing anything else, and because of his aggressive demeanor, I told him just to do it. He ran the cable, got the boxes to work, so I can at least watch TV in these rooms. I need to have someone who cares, and takes the time to troubleshoot the problem. Not someone who "can't wait to get out of Ocean City". It could be something as simple as a bad coax connector. No one was interested in checking.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
Call back and report the problem. Ask they not send that tech out again.

Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium
join:2004-09-11
Woburn, MA
reply to tony3838
Sounds about par for Comcast. Ask to speak to a supervisor, be sure to demand credit or compensation of some sort.

tony3838

join:2007-12-29
Ambler, PA
reply to tony3838
Thanks for the ideas. Both installers were not Comcast employees. Both were subcontractors. I think it would be best to ask for a supervisor on a weekday. Does anyone have a direct number for a supervisor in the Ocean City New Jersey area? The 800 numbers are just getting me to call center somewhere in the world. I'm not sure where.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
You will not get a direct number. You can either use the 800 number or Tweet @comcastcares on twitter. Surprisingly, this is a good resource to use to get to the "Executive Support" center.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to tony3838
Brianroberts@comcast.net also gets you to them

Nopenope

@comcast.net
said by rody_44:

Brianroberts@comcast.net also gets you to them

That's not his email address. That's a customer's address...

sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to tony3838

squeal like a pig
Are these the guys that Con-cast sent out??

sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to tony3838

Dumb and Dumber
Or was it these fools??

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to Nopenope
Funny i used it and his executive assistants answered it. (brianroberts@comcast.net) I know its not his personal email as that ends with com. But it gets his executive assistants.