Search similar:

uniqs

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

[Pricing] Retired and Employer Discount?

I am retired from a company that qualified for a 20% discount from Verizon Wireless for service..

Does anyone know if showing my health insurance card with the employers name on it will allow me to continue to qualify for the employer discount?
navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson

Probably not. As a current employee of my company, I get a 15% discount on my Verizon Wireless. I had to renew my discount by confirming with Verizon that I had a current and active work email.

CaptainRR
Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Blue Rock, OH
·AT&T Wireless Br..

CaptainRR to pende_tim

Premium Member

to pende_tim
I am on a 22% discount with my employer and a couple of months ago I also had to confirm my status with my corporate email. If you are lucky enough to still have that company email live there is a chance you may get away with it if asked for it in the future. Otherwise good luck and enjoy your retirement!

pende_tim
Premium Member
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

Oh well, I was really thinking about prepaid, guess this will help me make that choice.

skank ludlow
join:2005-12-26
Goodlettsville, TN

skank ludlow to pende_tim

to pende_tim
I retired from a very large company. I sent Verizon a copy of my monthly pension statement I receive from the trust that manages our pension fund. The company logo is on the statement. Verizon will accept it.

pende_tim
Premium Member
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

I will give that try however mine does not have the company logo on it. Pension statement says State Street bank, has State Street bank logo but it does say Mars Pension Trust.
tdumaine
Premium Member
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

tdumaine

Premium Member

that should work as long as it has a reference to the company name and your name
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count to pende_tim

to pende_tim
The discount only applies to the base plan. It doesn't apply to data or text or any fees. Like for me I have three phones on my account and use the "Nationwide Talk/TxT Share 700" plan which is $80 a month. My discount will reduce that cost.

However, on two of the phones I have 4GB of data which is $30 a month each. Plus I have family unlimited texting which is also $30 a month. The discount doesn't work on those.

My wife changed jobs and our discount went from 15% to 17%. We saw a $1.75 savings, not the $3.75 savings we were expecting.

When my contract is up this December I'm switching anyway. Verizon is becoming too expensive to keep going when there's so many other providers that do the same thing only cheaper.

pende_tim
Premium Member
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

My discount is 20% on the primary line for voice and data. I am still on the unlimited data for $29.00/mo and the shared 700 minute family plan.

But I agree with you. They are getting expensive compared to other prepay options.

wizkid6
join:2002-03-31
Opelika, AL

wizkid6 to Body Count

to Body Count
said by Body Count:

The discount only applies to the base plan. It doesn't apply to data or text or any fees.

Whereas with the share everything plan the discount only applies to the data plan, no the per-line charge.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

1 edit

Body Count to pende_tim

to pende_tim
said by pende_tim:

My discount is 20% on the primary line for voice and data. I am still on the unlimited data for $29.00/mo and the shared 700 minute family plan.

But I agree with you. They are getting expensive compared to other prepay options.

In order to keep your unlimited plan, you're paying more than $29 a month if you think about it. You are skipping the discounted rate of a new phone and instead buying them at the full price cost. Verizon isn't like T-Mobile where the price of the plan is reduced after the phone is paid off. You're really paying for a new phone every month and you paid the full price of the phone already so Verizon is getting double payment from you for your phone. Granted if you use more than 2 GB a month every single month then it might work out better for you. For me I use my work and home WiFi whenever I can so I barely use my 4G connection.

This is why I'm switching away from Verizon. Either T-Mobile or a Walmart plan. AT&T is just like Verizon also. I just need to find out who has the best 4G coverage in Columbus other than Verizon or AT&T.