All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

[TV] Digital Adapter push to be wider than before :)

Looks like TWC is finally getting digital adapters in areas where they have no digital simulcast!

So it is looking like some areas may finally be getting Navigator boxes after years of being stuck with only iGuide due to not having digital simulcast so now it is looking like the DCX boxes may be available in the Mountain West areas later year.

Digital Adapters

Starting on or about October 8th, 2013, some designated channels will be delivered in digital format only. This will not affect any TVs you currently have connected to a digital set-top box. If you want to view these channels on additional direct-connect analog TVs and similar devices, you can request a Digital Adapter.

Location Date
Los Angeles
10/8/13
San Diego
10/15/13
Yuma, AZ (no digital simulcast currently)
10/22/13
Coeur d'Alene, ID (no digital simulcast currently)
10/22/13
Moscow, ID; Pullman, WA (no digital simulcast currently)
10/22/13
Gunnison, CO (currently no VOD or digital simulcast betting both show up later this year)
10/22/13
Desert Cities, Yucca Valley, Barstow, Banning, CA
10/29/13

Location Date
Wisconsin
9/11/13
Kansas City
9/18/13
Lincoln, NE
9/25/13
Mid-Ohio (including former Insight customers)
10/2/13
Southwest Ohio (including former Insight customers in Indiana and Kentucky)
10/9/13
Northeast Ohio
10/29/13

Location Date
Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas
10/1/13
Greensboro, NC and surrounding areas
10/1/13
Wilmington, NC and surrounding areas
10/8/13
Raleigh, NC and surrounding areas
10/8/13
South Carolina
10/8/13

Wichita Falls, TX
7/30/13
El Paso, TX
8/7/13
Golden Triangle area (Beaumont), TX
10/1/13
Rio Grande Valley, TX
10/8/13
South Central area (Kerrville, Gonzales and Columbus), TX
10/22/13

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· ers.html

enter your zip code at the top of the web page for your division info
RangoJackson
join:2010-09-22
El Centro, CA

RangoJackson

Nothing for El Centro I see. Surprised, like you said earlier, how we and Yuma are in the same market.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by RangoJackson:

Nothing for El Centro I see. Surprised, like you said earlier, how we and Yuma are in the same market.

could be they may need more adapters and are wanting to do Yuma first as they are ahead of El Centro Channel wise or they could be doing El Centro and just lumping you guys in with Yuma.

I know that once the adapters go out they can technically offer better DVRs and HD boxes in El Centro and Yuma as not having 2-99 simulcast in digital is the holdup.

I know that El Centro is likely going to need a lot of channels moved to digital I am talking like 20 or so channels to offer what Yuma has in HD alone or they could just say hey we will go all digital in El Centro and then add the channels which could happen as TWC has to factor in the bandwidth space above the trapped out range for limited basic customers as to what they do with such as how much bandwidth do they a lot to VOD, or internet and right now El Centro could go SDV but they would have to take the entire digital lineup save for the local broadcast channels and move them to SDV.

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA

Suit Up to motorola870

to motorola870
I thought they were already offering them in LA, as we've had a few channels become digital only already?
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to motorola870

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

Looks like TWC is finally getting digital adapters in areas where they have no digital simulcast!

Location Date
Los Angeles

10/2/13

Interesting that their "including" the former Insight users in Columbus since we have the Motorola system and are on a totally different channel lineup / package than Time Warner customers.

Insight never did Digital simulcast here in Columbus -- They still send down a 70 ish channel line up of analog stuff (ESPN, FOXNews, CNN, Disney Ch, TNT, TBS, MTV, Discovery etc..) in analog format.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Suit Up

to Suit Up
said by Suit Up:

I thought they were already offering them in LA, as we've had a few channels become digital only already?

before LA only had the SD boxes given out as an alternative last year these are HD DTAs
motorola870

motorola870 to Matt7

to Matt7
said by Matt7:

said by motorola870:

Location Date
Los Angeles

10/2/13

Interesting that their "including" the former Insight users in Columbus since we have the Motorola system and are on a totally different channel lineup / package than Time Warner customers.

Insight never did Digital simulcast here in Columbus -- They still send down a 70 ish channel line up of analog stuff (ESPN, FOXNews, CNN, Disney Ch, TNT, TBS, MTV, Discovery etc..) in analog format.

I knew they would do something for you guys as your area is different but not too different really from other Motorola areas that TWC bought over the years such as Dallas and LA so TWC has experience with Motorola headends and have adapted their equipment for Motorola headends such as being able to port their Navigator software into a Motorola device or be able to use the cable modem in the cable box for box communications the motorola TWC areas were the first to do this in areas that got multiroom DVR.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by motorola870:

I knew they would do something for you guys as your area is different but not too different really from other Motorola areas that TWC bought over the years such as Dallas and LA so TWC has experience with Motorola headends and have adapted their equipment for Motorola headends such as being able to port their Navigator software into a Motorola device or be able to use the cable modem in the cable box for box communications the motorola TWC areas were the first to do this in areas that got multiroom DVR.

It will be interesting to see if at some point they don't move us to the TWC Columbus Channel line up and tiers but with the current in place Motorola head-end.

Time Warner over the last month has been running a lot of additional fiber (I am guessing by it being black and thin cable along the Insight trunks in the area of town I live in) -- The previously "silver looking" cables are now wrapped in multiple strands of black thin cable some with Red looking tape/wrap near the "nodes"

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to motorola870

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

before LA only had the SD boxes given out as an alternative last year these are HD DTAs

Ah, I didn't notice they are HD. Thanks for the clarification.
jpatton1979
join:2011-08-10
Louisville, KY
Pace 5268AC
Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

jpatton1979 to motorola870

to motorola870
IIRC, the former Insight Kentucky area (Lexington, Louisville, Northern KY., etc.) has been all-digital for at least 1.5 to 2 years. You had to have a set-top box or a "mini-box" in order to view any channels. The only exception applied to QAM tuners. Louisville used to get the entire basic/classic lineup over ClearQAM (not sure if this is still true) and the other areas only got broadcast, Discovery, and a couple others.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

newly updated!

looks like some systems will only be getting offered full SD boxes and 1 at that for free until 2015.

Digital Equipment

Starting on or about October 22nd, 2013, local Public, Educational and Government access programming will be delivered in digital format only. These channels will remain in your existing package, however they will only be viewable with digital equipment, such as a TWC-supplied digital set-top box or CableCARD%u2122. Note that this will not affect your local Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) station(s), which will continue to be carried in their current format(s) without change.

Please note you do not need to take action if all of your TVs are connected to a digital set-top box (like a TWC cable box), retail CableCARD%u2122 device, or if your digital television is equipped with a QAM tuner.*

If you want to view these channels on TVs that are not currently connected to digital cable equipment, you may request one digital set-top box and remote control free of charge through December 31, 2014. Limit one set-top box per household. Beginning January 1, 2015, the digital set-top box will cost $1.50 a month.*

Location Date
Yuma, AZ
10/22/13
Coeur d'Alene, ID
10/22/13
Moscow, ID; Pullman, WA
10/22/13
Gunnison, CO
10/22/13
Owensboro, KY; Richmond, KY; Madison, IN
10/22/13
Kentucky-Tennessee (former New Wave)
10/24/13

Equipment

TV digital set-top box

Learn more about your digital equipment options

Order Your Equipment

Here's how to check each of your TVs: If you plug your cable line directly into a TV, then that TV needs a piece of digital equipment.

You can order your set-top box:

Order online here

In Person

Visit your local Time Warner Cable Store
Pick up the equipment you need

By Phone

Call 1-855-286-1736

* Customers may go to any service center to pick up a digital set-top box. If customer prefers, a Time Warner Cable technician can deliver and install a digital set-top box for a trip charge of $39.99. The actual channel number displayed on your ClearQAM device may vary depending on that device"s manufacturer and/or model number. In addition, it may be necessary to perform a new channel scan before you are able to view these channels. The procedure for performing a channel scan varies from device to device. If you experience any diiculties, we recommend that you consult the manual that came with your ClearQAM device or contact the manufacturer directly.

Did You Know
Related FAQs