Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
Reviews:
·Power-Net Intern..

11 recommendations

[Serious] signmeuptoo

Mark;

I have been wondering about how your nephew is doing. Please let us know.

For those of you who remember my granddaughter Rebecca who had bone cancer and and bone transplant at ten years old and then a heart transplant about two years later will be a senior in high school this fall. It has been an interesting life for her and her parents. She became diabetic a few years back as often happens with heart transplant people and that has been fun too but she is OK and happy to be alive.
--
Whoever said that ignorance is bliss wasn't refering to a person with a computer at his fingertips!

Cure Disease with your computer

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
That's great news, the best prayers and wishes for Rebecca.

santy
Don't Follow Me, I'M Lost Too
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-10
Wilmington, IL
kudos:1
reply to rfhar
That is really great news. I hope she has had a lot of fun in high school and is looking forward to the fun of senior year and then graduation.
--
You don't quit playing 'cause you're OLD. You're old BECAUSE you quit playing!!

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
reply to rfhar
I'm REALLY glad to hear this great news!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

2 recommendations

reply to rfhar
That IS good news!

About Colin:

although he still has emergencies from time to time, he's doing better than at any time before he was diagnosed. They moved to upstate NY and still do fundraising for the hospital that helped save his life.

The imaging of the brain still shows an anomaly, but it is either benign or it is just scar tissue, every six months give or take he goes back for a checkup, and so far they keep saying he is "stable".

The kid has quite a spirit, I swear if this didn't happen to him he would have grown up to be a front end lineman or something, he's just so rough and tumble.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for him, I believe they really helped! His dad and I had a disagreement about 4 months ago but we've patched things up. It's a lot of stress caring for a child that has been stricken by a terrible disease.

Incidentally, my Alain is quite sick. I now suspect her little shack is making her sick (it floods regularly due to the ocean level getting higher and I suspect she gets sick from mold and mildew. Looks like my plans to go back to school so I can earn a real living again is even more hopeful now. So maybe in 3 to 5 years from now it will all be behind us.

Thank you for still caring so much. Colin is indeed a real inspiration, not only is he something of a celebrity now, but he has the heart of a warrior (all the good parts that is).

Saint Jude's is amazing. I pray that one day I manage to earn some good money and make a big donation to them, I have donated, but nothing like I'd like to. St. Jude's is an amazing place.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage
reply to rfhar
So VERY happy to hear that Rebecca is doing so well!!!

And Mark, I'm really happy to hear that Colin is doing so well!

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
reply to signmeuptoo
Thanks, that is nice to learn.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to rfhar
Thank you for the update on Rebecca. Those kiddos growing up really help us realize how long we've had these wonderful Helix friends. Senior in high school. Wow, just wow!
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to signmeuptoo
Good to hear about Colin and hope Alain can find a better situation soon.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
She was a home care taker for a few weeks and was very happy, the the lady of the house had a distant relative who ended up in dire straights and asked to take the job, and Alain gracefully accepted. So now she is applying for housekeeper for expats in Cebu, Such as Chinese, Japanese and Korean homes. Alain is nervous because she hears of such workers being beaten and falsely accused of theft (I know that is true), but I assured her she can use her instincts and choose the right home.

We're all happier when we have useful work to do.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.