share rss forum feed

jp16

join:2010-05-04
united state
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to tm255

Re: [Other] Charter rant -- really, what is the problem at Chart

Sounds like typical Charter antics. The right hand seldom knows what the left is doing.

I second going to your local office to make changes. I did the online chat to inquire about a channel that we did not get. I was paying about $175 off the promo. The chat person quoted me ~$153 + tax to upgrade to the current price plans and get the desired services. However, I had to get a new modem as I own mine, a SB6141. I had no problem with that. I went to the office to pickup the modem and the lady there looked at me funny and said to keep my modem as it was fairly new. She also LOWERED my bill to $130 including taxes! Silver TV, HSI 30/4, and phone.

Go to your office and be nice to them, they may hook you up too!

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

said by jp16:

Sounds like typical Charter antics. The right hand seldom knows what the left is doing.

I second going to your local office to make changes. I did the online chat to inquire about a channel that we did not get. I was paying about $175 off the promo. The chat person quoted me ~$153 + tax to upgrade to the current price plans and get the desired services. However, I had to get a new modem as I own mine, a SB6141. I had no problem with that. I went to the office to pickup the modem and the lady there looked at me funny and said to keep my modem as it was fairly new. She also LOWERED my bill to $130 including taxes! Silver TV, HSI 30/4, and phone.

Go to your office and be nice to them, they may hook you up too!

"The right hand seldom knows what the left is doing."

Sheesh! Wish I could do a quick search on here and find exactly how many times I've said exactly that!

As far as the local office here to try and get any help from, they're as clueless as they come also! Last time I was there and was swapping out a modem, the lady didn't know the difference between a DOCSIS 2 and a DOCSIS 3 modem, even when right on the bottom of the modem she was trying to give me, it stated it was a DOCSIS 2! Thusly, I went back to owning my own modem.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/