spc
uniqs

Pjr
Don't Panic
join:2005-12-11
UK

Pjr

Anybody recognise this car?

It's on a public road but had to be pushed into a lay-by. Forty minutes later it left, very slowly, under its own steam. I wondered if the prats on Top Gear had been challenged to build the world's ugliest car.

Sorry for the poor quality but the photo was taken from several hundred yards away with a not very expensive digital camera.

Does anyone know who customised this car, out of what and why?

jvmorris
I Am The Man Who Was Not There.
MVM
join:2001-04-03
Reston, VA

jvmorris

MVM

It's not mine, if that helps.

When you say it left 'under its own steam', was that meant literally?

Pjr
Don't Panic
UK

Pjr

I could have made made it a little more clear. AFAIK it wasn't steam driven and I assume it had a petrol engine but I wasn't there. I found the picture when I was recovering a couple of deleted photos from my sister's digital camera. (She knows I'm asking on the net).

So, it's not the Morris mobile.

spuddiver
bbr addict
join:2002-11-28
Herts, UK

1 recommendation

spuddiver to Pjr

to Pjr
its a cross between the pink panther car & the thunderbirds car with a the Netherlands flag at each end.

Pjr
Don't Panic
UK

Pjr

Ye gods, I'd forgotten about the Pink Panther but now you come to mention it...

I believe you're probably right about the Netherlands flag. I had googled but even on a site which had all the flags of the world categorised by different styles I don't remember seeing it as a possibility unless there were so many to choose from I missed it. Thanks.
louisemgr
join:2011-08-30

louisemgr to Pjr

to Pjr
Wow, that causes me confusion. I don't know if that car photos are somewhat looks blurred or my eyes itself. Its hard to recognised that car.

Pjr
Don't Panic
UK

Pjr

Yeah. They are poor photos, unfortunately.