Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

Shipped self install TV kit

So I ordered Xfinity TV + Internet online (U-Verse has been...shall I say...inconsistent as of late)

First, I'm impressed that I can order service on a weekday evening, run down to Staples/Best Buy/Tiger Direct/Frys and buy a modem, come back, plug it to the Comcast feed in the apartment, let it sync to the walled garden, do the registration & firmware update, and be online that same night. Props to Comcast for making that very customer accessible for service!

Second (and the reason this post is in the TV forum, not the Internet forum), why does the internet ordering not allow an option to pick up equipment from a local Comcast walk in center? I have 2 of them located pretty close by, and a couple more not too far away either. It would have been an even better customer experience if I could order service and go pick up the TV equipment the next day.

Instead I am waiting for the equipment to ship UPS Ground from NJ to Chicago. I was even shocked when UPS tracker showed the equipment shipping from NJ -- I would have expected Comcast to have regional shipping/order fulfillment centers.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

You could have gone to a service center to start your service as well and just pick up the equipment.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

Not at 8 at night you can't!

But I hear what you are saying there - I think I did just that years ago with my first apartment ordering Comcast TV (Xfinity brand didn't exist at that time)

According to UPS the receivers will arrive tomorrow -- so not a huge big concern.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall

Premium Member

We got our shipment next day from NJ to CT.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

1 edit

ILpt4U

Premium Member

said by Darknessfall:

UPS ground is same region there -- hence the one day

I was expecting at least a regional shipment center -- if they had a order fulfillment center in the Midwest I would have got it next day.

It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow -- I'll survive. I did have the option to pay for express shipping if I REALLY needed it faster. I did go the cheapo "standard" ground shipping route

Do all orders nationally ship out of NJ? Time to Colorado or California would be another day or two on top of what it takes to get to IL

-Edit- Added thought: On the ordering page, put the "ship from" location -- may help a customer make a decision on whether to elect standard or express shipping... Or maybe I am being too nit-picky

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by ILpt4U:

said by Darknessfall:

Do all orders nationally ship out of NJ? Time to Colorado or California would be another day or two on top of what it takes to get to IL

I have no clue.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to ILpt4U

Premium Member

to ILpt4U
No, but you could have gone in the next day

All orders do not ship from NJ necessarily, depends on local configuration and services.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

2 edits

ILpt4U

Premium Member

Looks like I'll be going down to the walk in center anyway...

Got the TV self install kit today...

And it contains one HD box...

It is a start, but I did order 2 HD DVRs and 2 HD boxes...

And my account only listed one UPS tracking number

The online account does list the 2 DVRs and 2 HDs, both by Serial # and MAC -- separate shipments perhaps? - separate shipments confirmed

*Follow Up Edit* Chatted w/ Comcast tech support -- the online agent found a second UPS tracking number for me, and the other 3 receivers are in that shipment, due in tomorrow