uniqs
share rss forum feed

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23

Anybody else having problems with Crunchyroll?

For the past week or so, Crunchyroll has been giving me issues. The iOS apps kept dropping to lower quality (or pausing to buffer when I forced it to run at full quality), and I'm having the same problem with the desktop (browser) version now. It just can't seem to keep the buffer full at 1080p.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like I'm having problems with speedtests too, so it's perhaps a more general problem than crunchyroll at this specific moment.
--
Latest version of CapSavvy systray usage checker: »CapSavvy v4.2 released!

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
CrunchyRoll seems to be ok for me. I watched hxh today and it played in 1080p fine

Robleh

join:2009-07-14
canada
reply to Guspaz
Everything seems fine attack on titans ep 17 OMGOMGOMGOGMGOMGOGMGOMGOMG

NightMayor

join:2010-04-28
York, ON
Yeah it seems good. Is Attack On Titans that good? Literally everyone recommends it.

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
Yeah it's good very good, both intro's songs are really catchy and good too. But in overall I like hunter x hunter a bit more in the current arc than shingeki no kyojin.

NightMayor

join:2010-04-28
York, ON
Alrighty, thanks! If anyone needs any guest passes PM me!

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to Guspaz
Just trying hXH tonight and on my cable its extremely messed up 1080p unwatchable.. attack on titan same result but speed tests are a Okay.. so i think perhaps its crunchy? i dunno will try my ps3 crunchy and see if it works properly
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to Guspaz
It was actually Attack on Titan episode 17 that was giving me trouble. Genshiken 2nd gen episode 5 was working OK, but I bet the bitrate is much lower because it's not an action series.

Reconnecting my router didn't help, so I rebooted my modem, and after that speeds were back up to normal. So it seems like the problem was with my line and/or modem, not on TekSavvy's side.

The iOS problems with CR, though, that was from before the current issue, so that's still ongoing. Routing issue, maybe?

EDIT: Attack on Titan is good, but the first few episodes are pretty brutal. So if you don't like gore, it's not the series for you. HxH, well, I'm still making my way through the original HxH, working on it with a friend for a few years now :P Every few months we watch a few more eps.

EDIT2: Also, y'all should come to Otakuthon in two weeks... Second biggest Anime convention in the country, fully bilingual (most content is in English, actually), two weeks from today, in Montreal. We've all put a lot of work into it
--

xtrike

join:2006-12-08
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Guspaz
Seems their routing is back to normal or something. Well for at least today. I had couple problems with them for weeks already.

If you do tracert cp150757.edgefcs.net, it seems that those "request timed out" got fixed and the ping is back to normal...

Yesterday night, Servant x Service ep 5 was stuttering pretty badly. The buffering keep disconnect then reconnecting like going from 400 kB then just drop to 0 kB.

And no idea about Attack on Titan, I'm not watching it in CR, so there was no lag for me when watching in mkv format (Wow, watching AoT with constant lag/stuttering, that it just terrible xD)

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to Guspaz
Crunchyroll doesn't have a minimum buffer length either, it won't stop to rebuffer. Instead, it will play the video in rapid-fire chunks of like a quarter of a second. It's bizarre. And while there is a buffer that fills if you pause it, it won't buffer the whole episode. So I ended up pausing it, coming back later, watching it until it started stuttering again, pause it, wait a while, come back and try again, etc.

After that I tried genshiken without any problems, but then, it's lower action, so probably lower bitrates.
--