how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

glaze83

join:2003-12-13
v7u2i9

Really? No 4HD/0SD profile?

Am I crazy, or is there a 4HD/0SD package for Telus customers on Fiber?

I only ask because I called up telus to see if they could provision my account to that profile and they said it didn't even exist.

schag001

join:2005-06-20
Coquitlam, BC

Correct. Only max profile is 3HD/1SD
It might be the limitation on the Mediaroom software that Microsoft developed and used by various IP TV providers.

glaze83

join:2003-12-13
v7u2i9

Uverse is using the same hardware / software and provide that provisioning.

bucko2012

@sasknet.sk.ca

sasktel in Sask now has fiber in fiber fed areas of Saskatoon, Moose Jaw and Regina will now be able to get 7 set top boxes and hd feeds in the home. I hope it not off topic but i'm clearing things up for you guys. telus not the only is limited, sasktel is getting ahead regards to fibre.

Symtex

join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC
kudos:21
reply to glaze83

said by glaze83:

Am I crazy, or is there a 4HD/0SD package for Telus customers on Fiber?

I only ask because I called up telus to see if they could provision my account to that profile and they said it didn't even exist.

It is a limitation of our current Mediaroom software.
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

alphaz18

join:2005-02-26
CANADA

you guys gonna continue to use "ericsson's"(later this year) Mediaroom?

bucko2012

@sasknet.sk.ca
reply to Symtex

symtex,

please get it cause you getting behind of Shaw and Shaw are upping prices like crazy so please get your customers more HD streams , it not part of media room it a hardware issue.

anhloc

join:2009-12-11
Canada
reply to Symtex

It really shouldn't be though. AT&T offers it on Mediaroom.

All the redoing of stuff for profiles... Oh geez. That would not be fun.
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

Tornado15550

join:2012-12-16
Canada
reply to alphaz18

I'm curious as to what Telus can do with the software on the STB/HD PVRs. Can Telus perform a complete wipe, and install other software or do they need new hardware in order to upgrade or change the OS or software?

For example, I noticed that the STB are still running Windows CE 5.0 when the latest one is Windows CE 2013, released this June.
Can the Windows CE OS be updated via a firmware update?

Symtex

join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC
kudos:21
reply to anhloc

said by anhloc:

It really shouldn't be though. AT&T offers it on Mediaroom.

All the redoing of stuff for profiles... Oh geez. That would not be fun.

We need to upgrade. Don't quote me on this but I think this is something we are working on right now.

Edit : if you only knew (about the profiles stuff)..
--

Bucko2013

@rogers.com
reply to glaze83

Playing catch up with a long way to go in matching Shaw's 12 HD package. With Ericsson onboard now most likely 3 yrs wait for anything above 4HD with Telus.

anhloc

join:2009-12-11
Canada
reply to Symtex

Upspeeding =/= new profiles. Sadly.